Are you interested in driving exceptional security for customers and the internet community? Can you explain security requirements to technical and non-technical staff? Can you educate others on how requirement objectives are met even when the letter of the requirement isn't? Do you want an opportunity to effect change and make a difference at a leading technology organization? Do you see security compliance as a business enabler? If the answer is "yes", come join Akamai's Information Security team!
As a Senior Information Security & Compliance Advisor, you will be an integral part of a team working to strategically apply blockchain technologies to new and innovative business areas, resulting in high-throughput transaction systems at global scale. If you want to work on innovative solutions that solve technology problems of global scale, then this is the role for you.
You will be responsible for:
* Driving security compliance initiatives to completion in an effective and efficient manner
* Maintaining current knowledge of applicable security standards and monitoring advancements in information security technologies to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance
* Providing information security and compliance advisory services on new technology including blockchain
* Identifying systemic gaps in information security and understanding the effectiveness of security controls * Providing management with proper context of potential exposure to control weaknesses * Designing and driving strategic
initiatives related to control and process improvements
* Serving as the subject matter expert for audit engagements, demonstrating familiarity with a broad variety of complex processes, systems and technologies regarding risk management and information security matters * Developing an ongoing trusted advisor relationship with stakeholders to ensure continued excellence in safety and security
* Establishing and driving goals and consensus across cross-functional teams with members spanning Akamai, including Information Security, R&D, Platform Engineering, Product Development Engineering, Product Operations, and Networks
* Developing talented professionals in the field of information security
* Communicating effectively through clear written and verbal communications and active listening
About the Team
Akamai's InfoSec Team is responsible for safeguarding the security of Akamai's infrastructure and provide internal advocacy for security practices. Within this larger context, the Security Compliance team works closely with product and platform teams throughout the company to help ensure that Akamai systems meet both the safety and security compliance needs of our customers and the public.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements
* 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree or
* 5 years of relevant experience and a PhD or
* Equivalent professional experience
* 10+ years of experience in IT security, IT risk management or IT audit
* 4+ years of experience with industry compliance and security standards including one or more of the following: PCI, SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, NIST/DoD frameworks, FedRAMP
* 4+ years of experience advising customers on architectures to securely meet business needs while also meeting or exceeding industry standards and local policies
* Security certifications (e.g., CISA, CISSP) are a plus
* Interest and knowledge in blockchain technology are a plus * Demonstrated ability to collaboratively lead program work at an enterprise scale
* Ability to interact and communicate with senior executives across multiple business areas * Excellent time management skills including the ability to prepare, prioritize, and complete work plans
* Experience working in a fast-paced matrix organization * Excellent influencing, facilitation, and partnering skills * Proven ability to deliver cross-functional strategic initiatives
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.