Akamai Technologies is looking for a talented individual with a proven track record to take up an exciting role of a DevOps Software Engineer within the Enterprise Zero Trust Security team. You will be working with a talented group of individuals to plan, communicate, execute and deliver our major products and solutions. You will be tasked with developing the CI/CD pipeline and test automation for our security products to ensure a high level of quality and reliability. As a Sr. DevOps Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Developing and maintaining Build, Continuous Integration (CI), and Continuous Deployment (CD) systems, with a focus on containerized applications.
* Working closely with Development to help ensure end-to-end quality. This includes testing in production as part of the CD process.
* Creating tools that help automate build, integration, deployment, and monitoring processes. This includes creating self-service capabilities for developers to write and manage production code.
* Building, maintaining, and scaling infrastructure for testnet environments in both private and public cloud.
* Documenting the CI/CD process steps for architectural review and disseminating to the proper audiences.
* Communicating with Software Engineers, Program Management and Operations staff to align project schedules.
* Staying up-to-date on relevant technologies, plugging into user groups, understanding trends and opportunities to ensure that we are using the best possible techniques and tools.
About the Team
The Enterprise Application Access team provides secure solutions that protect enterprise applications hosted both in the cloud or behind the corporate firewall and is at the core of Akamai's Zero Trust offering. Ultimately, our goal is to secure, protect, and accelerate all Enterprise communications as a cloud gateway service. You will work with an energetic team of stakeholders across different functions to help the team deliver functionality to our enterprise customer base.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 2+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or
* Relevant experience and a Master's degree
* 3+ years of scripting experience using Python or a similar language
* 3+ years of experience with TCP/IP networking and general debugging in a Linux/Unix environment * 1+ years of experience in CI/CD pipeline development or DevOps
* 1+ years of experience using CI systems such as Jenkins, TravisCI, or GitLab
* Knowledge of Internet technologies (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SSL, TLS, streaming, web servers, etc.)
* Experience with orchestration tools (Kubernetes, Docker Compose, Apache Mesos) for Continuous Deployment
* Experience with configuration management tools such as Ansible
* Experience with containers (Docker)
* Experience managing and deploying systems to cloud providers such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud
* Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (Engineering, network operations, product and program management, professional services, etc.)
* Strong organizational and leadership skills
* Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies
* Must be action oriented, capable of multitasking well based on priorities
* Strong team player who enjoys working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
* Experience with Agile/Scrum or Kanban methodologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.