The Akamai Custom Government Engineering team is looking for a Senior Data Analytics Engineer to work on our near real time analytics platform. The Data Network Analytics (DNA) platform provides near real time views of select metrics of the Akamai platform globally. DNA currently supports our security dashboard (Security Monitor), which visualizes Web Application Firewall (WAF) events for customer consumption. Your primary focus will be improving web security and data research across our platform. This is a great opportunity for an individual with a strong systems background and interest in data analysis and security. This opportunity will expose you to a diverse range of technologies.
* Help build and improve current and future data analysis infrastructure.
* Collaborate with other Engineering and Operations team members on platform wide data analytics efforts.
* Use deep data analysis to help shape new areas of investment.
* Research insider threats and other security challenges.
About the Team
The Custom Government team works across the breadth and depth of Akamai's technology stack to deliver a rich set of customized solutions for our Public Sector customers. We collaborate, build, and operate world-class Enterprise Application Delivery Networks for the Public Sector and make them fast, reliable, and secure.
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree in engineering or related field or its equivalent or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree in engineering or related field or
* relevant experience and a PhD in engineering or related field
* Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related engineering field; OR equivalent relevant experience.
* 5+ years experience with network and data analytics.
* 5+ years experience working in a Linux/UNIX environment, preferably with an emphasis on distributed systems, web applications, and/or security.
* 3+ years of experience in web infrastructure and existing web practices, including knowledge of the HTTP protocol and TLS.
* 3+ years experience with at least one of the following: Perl, Python, Java, C/C++, or Shell scripting.
* Working knowledge of network protocols and web related technologies (DNS, TCP/IP, etc.)
* Experience with database systems and complex SQL statements. • Experience with web application firewall and security threats, challenges, and vulnerabilities.
* Familiarity with Single Sign-On technologies, such as Shibboleth, ADFS, and CA Siteminder.
* Experience with machine learning Spark, TensorFlow or other.
* Experience with data systems like Elasticsearch, Kafka, Logstash, Apache Spark, Neo4j, Kibana, Grafana, Greylog, Fluentd, Nagios or others.
* Excellent communication and teamwork skills; ability to effectively collaborate and engage others.
About Akamai Technologies
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.