Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) is chartered with supporting profitable growth of Microsoft's Cloud business by optimizing the infrastructure capacity management. Cloud services enable a promise of elastic scale and infinite capacity. A key challenge in realizing this promise is to always know the ideal quantity of infrastructure resources (datacenters, power, racks, servers, network devices, bandwidth, IP addresses) to carry - a hard problem, and employ near real-time mechanisms to achieve the planned resource utilization at scale - an even harder problem. We envision a dynamic, scalable and distributed system that will allow us to continuously model the planned quantity and automatically adjust the provisioning and consumption rate of cloud infrastructure resources. An ideal system will employ machine learning, change modelling, automation of business processes and logistics, real-time data collection and analysis, prioritization of resource allocations, and other techniques to efficiently deliver customer promise around infinite cloud resources.
* BS in Computer Science or relevant degree.
* 5+ years of experience as a Software Engineer with experience in C++, or C# or Java.
* Hands on experience building services and working with databases/storage.
* Familiarity with designing and operating distributed systems and strong problem solving skills.
* Excellent communications skills and ability to talk to customers.
* Background in all aspects of software engineering and development lifecycles.
* Knowledge and understanding of Microsoft cloud infrastructure a plus.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Your Responsibilities will Include:
* Drive our offerings to the next level of scale and functionality.
* Work with customers to deliver new features to make Microsoft's Supply Chain lean and agile.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.