* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent area
* 2-4+ years of experience of Java/J2EE software development experience
* Working exposure to big data processing technologies such as Spark, Pig, Hive, and Kafka
* Experience building native cloud solutions in either AWS, GCP or Azure
* Understanding of APIs and microservices architecture pattern
* Hands on experience with XML/JSON and developing REST Services
* Hands on experience with data storage in various forms (e.g., data warehouses/relational SQL, NoSQL, unstructured data environments)
* Experience with CI/CD systems such as Jenkins
* Understanding of container based technologies (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes)
* Experience writing and executing unit tests, automated test frameworks
* Ability to work within an Agile delivery methodology
* Demonstrated willingness and ability to engage with teams and collectively solve complex problems
* Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
* Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
* Travel expectation: less than 10%
* Healthcare domain knowledge not required, but interest in healthcare appreciated
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in Chicago, IL, but will collaborate with our Healthcare Analytics teams in other technology hubs in New York, NY, and San Jose, Costa Rica.
Our Healthcare Analytics group leverages a big-data analytics platform that includes 100 terabytes of integrated claim, encounter, clinical, consumer, and other data. The team consists of 100 dedicated experts and 250 affiliated professionals with industry, advanced analytics, statistics, clinical, and software expertise, all of whom work to design, deliver, and operate advanced analytic tools to help healthcare clients around the world.
What You'll Do
You will deliver software products with high levels of value, usability, quality and predictability for our engagements and help our clients transform healthcare across the world.
Working with product managers and other engineers, you will be a key contributor in delivering incremental solutions in an Agile delivery manner. You will help design, develop, test and maintain software solutions that are leveraged within the Healthcare Analytics group.
You will help build out data frameworks that will allow our analytics to run at scale. Additionally, you'll look for opportunities to continuously improve the solutions and help in the resolution of issues and defects that may occur within the environment. You will be an active contributor in improving the code quality and test automation of our products, leaning on current automation test frameworks and best practices.
Furthermore, you will contribute code and participate in code reviews and you will break down user stories into technical tasks and requirements. You'll also identify, communicate, and escalate risks when appropriate.
In order to be successful, you will be an active learner and contributor to the team. It is expected that your voice and opinion be heard and expressed. We have an environment that thrives on the fact that people's experiences and skill set variation create better solutions.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.