Mckinsey & Company
* Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
* 8+ years of experience in Software Engineering
* Hands-on skills working with SQL and No-SQL databases
* Experience with cloud infrastructure such as AWS, Azure or Google
* Experience in container technologies like Docker/Kubernetes a big plus
* Experience in engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
* Knowledge of Agile software development process
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions
* Able to work under competing priorities, manage expectations effectively and support the team under pressure
* Comfortable with ambiguity and rapid changes common in early-stage product development
* Distinct customer focus and quality mindset
* Able to manage own professional development and contribute to functional knowledge building
* Strong command of English language (both verbal and written)
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our San Francisco / Silicon Valley office as part of the Cyber Solutions group which is part McKinsey's Risk Practice.
We help organizations generate insights they need to address both strategic and day-to-day decisions. These solutions complement McKinsey's traditional client service and are delivered in many ways, including subscriptions, workshops, training programs and project-based engagements. We work closely with clients to embed our tools, analytics, and expertise, and provide ongoing support to help them build the capabilities they need to revolutionize how decisions are made.
What You'll Do
You'll design, develop, and execute on the next generation of cybersecurity software solutions.
As part of the product team, you will be at the core of defining the technology roadmap and brainstorming effective solutions to complex business challenges.
You will develop new products to take to our clients, leveraging cloud technologies, and microservices architecture patterns. As an active learner, you'll identify new open source libraries, you'll use unfamiliar technologies and learn new programming languages to meet technical requirements. You'll also leverage your strong understanding of key agile engineering practices to guide teams and contribute to growing and improving our engineering practices.
In this role you will work alongside product managers and product designers in agile scrum teams to deliver a high quality digital solution. You will ensure accurate and complete release and deployment plans by the team and through consensus, you'll build a technical vision and help the team execute and iterate on it. You will also help your team build better engineering practices, building on our automated testing and continuous integration practices.
You will have the opportunity to identify and escalate technical barriers, dependencies and risks. You will ensure technical standards and best practices are followed at all times, and you'll help to manage the process by which code is delivered and its quality.
Additionally, you'll be able to contribute code and participate in code reviews, and you'll facilitate breaking down user stories into technical tasks. When appropriate, you'll communicate technical and delivery risks to the team and escalate to management.
We are looking for talented, passionate software engineers who want to contribute to the long-term vision of building this venture into a top-tier cyber-security organization.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
About Mckinsey & Company
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.