* Bachelor's degree in a business related or technology related field; Master's degree is a plus
* 15+ years of IT experience with 10 years in data management with prior experience in leading and managing data architecture teams
* Experience in all facets of software development life cycle including analysis, design, development, data conversion, data security, system integration and implementation using waterfall and Agile methodologies
* 10 years of experience leading and managing large scale, complex applications with high-performance needs
* 10 years of conceptual, logical and physical data modeling experience (Relational & Dimensional)
* 3 years of experience in Reference, Master, and Metadata management
* 3 years of experience in Data Quality and adherence to data standards and best practices
* Experience in designing Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake using big data architecture
* Experience in the cloud and on-prem integration architecture with ETL Tools like Data Stage, Informatica Data Quality and Snap Logic
* Experience in DevOps Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) implementing cloud-based optimized development processes is a plus
* Experience in service-oriented architecture /microservices
* Experience in NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
* Ability to think clearly, plan effectively, organize and schedule people or tasks to develop action plans leading to resolving problems and achieving specific goals
* Self-driven, Innovative and strong leadership, and influencing skills
* Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
* Excellent problem solving and critical thinking abilities
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Technology & Digital in our Product Development Center in Waltham, Massachusetts, located just a short shuttle ride from Boston/Cambridge. Technology and Digital (T&D) is McKinsey's internal IT function, responsible for providing McKinsey colleagues with the technology tools, applications and services our teams need to deliver the exceptional impact for which the firm is renowned.
As part of the enterprise architecture group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation. Our office culture is casual, fun and social, with an emphasis on personal development and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn.
What You'll Do
You will be responsible for shaping and implementing strategic products to ensure that McKinsey's technology stays on the leading edge to best serve our firm and our clients.
Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional enterprise software products.
You will work collaboratively with product squads and business sponsors to define their vision and road map, and will lead defining the data strategy, and translating business needs into data architecture deliverables and artifacts. You'll lead the data solution design, provide oversight and guidance related to data design and usage and lead the design and development for enterprise data initiatives across multiple platform types (operational, analytical, and reporting).
You'll partner with and work in collaboration with various stakeholders like a business, product, and technical teams to analyze user needs and develop data architecture. You will also work on software solutions for big data and/or mid-range technologies using hybrid cloud integration in support of McKinsey technology and digital strategy and business needs.
You'll work closely with the infrastructure, DevOps and security teams to put in place the required hosting platforms and automation to enable various capabilities on-premise and cloud.
McKinsey & Company is an equal opportunity employer.
McKinsey and Company is a management consulting firm serving commercial, government, and not-for-profit organizations.