About TouchSensor Technologies/ Methode Electronics
TouchSensor Technologies is a pioneer in the research, development and manufacturing of human/machine interface solutions and solid-state fluid level sensors. A start-up company founded in 1996 and located 25 miles west of Chicago in Wheaton, Illinois, our user-interface and fluid level technologies can be found in appliance, automotive, medical, agricultural, food service, fitness, marine, and plumbing markets. Acquired by Methode Electronics in 2007, TouchSensor's deep IP portfolio continues to enable us to be a market leader in the HMI and Fluid Level Sensor space while leveraging Methode's global manufacturing presence to serve our customers around the world. Further information can be found at www.touchsensor.com and www.levelguardproducts.com.
We are seeking a Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing 8-bit microcontroller firmware for a variety of new or existing HMI products using capacitive touch technologies. The candidate will create a software specification from the customer requirements and design a software solution to the specification using flow charting and/or pseudocode. The candidate will code the solution in embedded C, and lead reviews on, analyze, debug and test the solution. The candidate will perform system integration testing of the solution while authoring or coauthoring the appropriate test plans. Source control will be required throughout the whole design cycle along with written release and user documentation. Work is performed in a multi-disciplined team environment, where communication among team members is critical to effective and efficient project launches into manufacturing.
This position is located in the Wheaton office and reports directly to the Director of Engineering. Some travel may be required in support of customer's development.
* Creating a software specification from the customer requirements
* Designing a software solution to the software specification using flow charting and/or pseudocode
* Authoring a software test plan along with coauthoring system integration test plans
* Coding the solution in embedded C
* Leading code reviews
* Analyzing, debugging, and testing (including integration testing) the software solution
* Using source control throughout the software design cycle
* Writing release and user documentation
* Planning and managing timely completion of software tasks
* Analyzing, reproducing and solving field issues
* Communicating among team members in a team environment
* BSEE/CS/CE with 5 plus years of firmware design
* Experience with one of more of Cypress, Atmel/Microchip and Renesas microcontrollers required. Additional experience with other microcontroller families a plus
* Experience with one or more of RS-232, I2C, USB, SPI serial communications required
* Extensive experience coding in embedded C required
* Reading/knowledge of assembly language required
* Coding in assembly or high level languages (e.g. C++, C#, etc.) a plus
* Proficient in using programmers, oscilloscopes, in-circuit emulators and compilers
* Proficient in reading electronic schematics
* Design for Failure Mode Effects and Analysis (DFMEA) experience a plus
* Must be familiar with analog and digital circuit design
* Digital hardware design experience a plus
* The candidate must be highly self-motivated with a desire to explore new approaches and technology in a fast-paced environment
* Problem solving and experimental design skills required
* Familiar with software estimation
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Works well in a team environment
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 867-6777 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Methode Electronics
Methode Electronics designs, manufactures, and markets component and subsystem devices.