Methode Electronics Inc. is seeking a dynamic individual for a Salesforce Developer opportunity at our Chicago corporate headquaters.
Methode Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: MEI) is an international engineering company headquartered in Chicago, IL, with over 6,500 employees worldwide. Since being established in 1946 as a single-product manufacturer, Methode has since expanded its business into industrial design, manufacturing & distribution and professional services. Our company's vision is to utilize our technical capabilities to deliver unique, turnkey solutions that provide genuine value for our customers and its shareholders. As a global developer of custom engineered, application specific products and solutions, we are able to bring our innovative technologies closer to the customers and markets we serve. Methode's business is managed on a segment basis, with those segments being, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Interface. The Company has components in the primary end markets of the automotive, Big Data, white goods, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics and healthcare industries. For additional information, www.methode.com.
Our primary focus is to provide meaningful information needed for business decisions. This includes all the behind-the-scenes work to make that happen: mining raw data from several ERP systems, staging, aggregating, normalizing, and upload that data. Using Salesforce as the presentation layer, we create the apps, reports, and dashboards that allow the business users to see and work with the information they need.
* Collaborate with team members to design, implement, test, and deliver custom solutions requiring configuration and/or programming
* Configure bidirectional integration between Salesforce and external platforms
* Plan new applications by discussing needs with the user community, performing requirements gathering and soliciting feedback on existing workflows
* Design reports and dashboards in Einstein Analytics
* Provide occasional Salesforce administration support
* Work with the Business Intelligence team to import data from the ERP system
* Write documentation for processes and applications as needed by coworkers and end users
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
* 2+ year of experience working on the Force.com platform
* 1+ year of experience writing Apex code
* Knowledge of relational database theory and SQL
* Knowledge of problem solving & troubleshooting techniques
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Experience using Web Services is a plus
* Experience programming in additional languages is a plus
* Salesforce Certification is a plus
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here: EEO Poster, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (708) 867-6777 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Methode Electronics
Methode Electronics designs, manufactures, and markets component and subsystem devices.