Thermo Fisher Scientific
Job ID :
US - Washington - Bothell
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Bothell is home of the EVOS® line of fully integrated all-in-one digital inverted microscope and High Content Analysis imaging instrumentation. The site is concept-to-completion, designing, developing and manufacturing optical equipment for the life sciences market, including research and diagnostic laboratories. The Software Engineer, Test is part of the Protein and Cell Analysis organization. This role will reside in Bothell, WA.
How will you make an impact?
The Software Engineer, Test will support our cell imaging software team. In this role, you will be designing and implementing automated solutions for our latest imaging products including microscopes, cell counters, and machine learning based systems. You will be in an experienced agile software team that is pushing the bleeding edge.
What will you do?
* Perform all phases of software test automation including design, implementation, integration, and maintenance of testing tools for the company's cell analysis instruments and software
* Help ensure software is of high quality by contributing to software products, build infrastructure, and test environments
* Communicate with engineers, testers, and product owners to ensure software deployments are successful
How will you get here?
* Bachelor's degree in CS/CE or related field.
* 3+ years of experience as an SDET
* Deep understanding of test automation methodologies and tools
* A passion for writing clean code and following best practices
* Strong programming skills in C# or Java
* Scripting language experience
* Knowledge of threading and parallelism
* Unit Testing experience
* Experience in code reviews
* Team player
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Agile methodologies
* Champion for incorporating software engineering best practices within team
* Hardware or biology background
* Embedded development
* Cloud experience (AWS/Azure)
* Build systems (Jenkins, TFS, TeamCity, etc.)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
If you are an individual with a disability who requires reasonable accommodation to complete any part of our application process, click here for further assistance.
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
About Thermo Fisher Scientific
Thermo Fisher Scientific is a global provider of laboratory products and services, life science solutions, analytical instruments, and specialty diagnostics.