About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network Holdings, Inc. is a global financial technology company and a leader in connecting brands and people through branded value solutions. Blackhawk platforms and solutions enable the management of stored value products, promotions and rewards programs in retail, ecommerce, financial services and mobile wallets. Blackhawk's Hawk Commerce division offers technology solutions to businesses and direct to consumers. The Hawk Incentives division offers enterprise, SMB and reseller partners an array of platforms and branded value products to incent and reward consumers, employees and sales channels. Headquartered in Pleasanton, Calif., Blackhawk operates in 26 countries. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com, cashstar.com, hawkcommerce.com, hawkincentives.com or our product websites GiftCards.com, giftcardmall.com, GiftCardLab.com and OmniCard.com.
Are you passionate about your work? Can you build solutions that scale vertically as well as horizontally? Do you find solving complex problems an exciting challenge? Are you looking to take the next leap in your career? Are you looking for Life/Work balance? If you answered 'Yes', please read on…your career is at Blackhawk Engagement Solutions and we want to talk to you!
This Software Engineer position is for our consumer rebates team. This team is chartered with delivery of innovative and efficient software product, leveraging superior technical and business skills, aggressive work ethic and common sense within the framework of a streamlined process. This is a great role for someone who likes to work in a start up like environment driven by technical challenges, be recognized for the work performed, unencumbered with bureaucracy. This project is unlike most projects that deal with either minor enhancements or are in support mode.
* Hands-on technical developer that takes ownership of the projects
* Deliver the projects end-to-end on-time and with in the budget.
* Identify and gather technical requirements for projects
* Come up with a technical design for a given problem
* Follow sound development practices and guidelines
* Conduct code reviews and ensure quality of the code
* Assist more junior developers
* Establish close working relationship with Architects, QA and support teams
* Minimum 6 months of hands-on work experience as a software development engineer.
(Previous Internship experience is acceptable)
* 1+ yeas of JAVA experience
* Knowledge of :
* DB and SQL
* testing frameworks; for example: Junit
* version control system like SVN or GIT
* build tools such as Maven, Ant etc
* Team focused and results oriented.
* Have the ability to ramp up and become productive very quickly.
* Be an outgoing, energetic individual.
* Come from a smaller development environment and/or smaller team environment.
* Have excellent oral/verbal communications skills
Optional but Preferred:
* Groovy scripting
* JBOSS suite of products
Education and/or Experience:
* BS Degree, preferably in Information systems, MS in computer Science preferred
Blackhawk Network is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Blackhawk Network believes that diversity leads to strength.
About BlackHawk Network
Blackhawk is a leading prepaid payment network utilizing proprietary technology to offer a broad range of prepaid gift, telecom and debit cards, in physical and electronic forms.