About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners' business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide. Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments.
Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com.
The Blackhawk Network NOC Engineer is responsible for the identification and resolution of escalated high-severity incidents within the entire Blackhawk production infrastructure. This position supports a 24x7x365 operation as part of the Technology Service Operations organization. The position is responsible for hands-on technical troubleshooting, escalation, delivering complete, accurate communication internally and externally and will be required to work closely with Infrastructure, Engineering, Site Reliability, Change Management, Partner Support, vendors and partners to facilitate resolutions.
* Oversee the functionality of applications, batch processes, networks and infrastructure components ensuring the highest possible availability and drive timely resolution of incidents or technical escalations to meet established SLA's.
* Timely triage and escalation of issues to the appropriate support teams, validating proper severity and taking appropriate actions.
* Managing escalated incidents reported to OCC including timely and accurate documentation of actions taken and steps involved to resolve. Managing incidents include problem assessment, research, escalation and resolution task management.
* Accurate and timely communication of incidents/outages to both internal and external audiences including notification to partners, business owners and stakeholders using standardized methods.
* Immediate error detection and effective troubleshooting using available tools to ensure critical incidents are identified and resolved with minimal time lost.
* Identify and research recurring issues and work closely with Site Reliability, platform owners and support teams on root cause, corrective actions and long-term remediation plans.
* Review or develop effective procedures to support existing or future functions.
* Review existing and proposed runbook instructions to ensure coherence.
Work special assignments as requested
* 2 - 3 years of hands-on technical experience in a support role, preferably within a NOC environment.
* Ability to navigate within Windows and Linux environments, including basic CLI commands.
* Understand key concepts within the Networking, Storage and Database technologies.
* Exposure to SQL DB queries desirable.
* Strong customer service orientation is a must.
* Knowledge of the concepts of Incident Management including Root Cause Analysis.
* Desire and aptitude to work in Operations Control Center with technical support related work.
* Strong problem solving and technical trouble shooting skills.
* Team player with a "can do" attitude and strong drive to learn is necessary to succeed in this position.
* Proven ability to work under pressure.
* Ability to work non-standard hours and flexibility in schedule including being on-call periodically.
* Understanding of incident tracking/ticketing system (TRACE/Service-Now, etc).
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills are critical.
* 4 year College Degree in Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
Blackhawk Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Blackhawk Network believes that diversity leads to strength.
About BlackHawk Network
Blackhawk is a leading prepaid payment network utilizing proprietary technology to offer a broad range of prepaid gift, telecom and debit cards, in physical and electronic forms.