Are you passionate about gaming and game development? Do you want to help make Xbox game developers more successful? Team Xbox is at the forefront of delivering the industry's best platform and experiences for both gamers and game developers. We work closely with industry leaders across hardware, software, services and our 1st and 3rd party game studios to ensure Microsoft's platforms are designed and optimized to meet the needs of our players on the Xbox console, Windows PC, and xCloud.
To push the boundaries with great interactive content, developers need a rich set of tools that give them x-ray vision into their game and the platform. The Xbox Performance Tools team is responsible for ensuring game developer customers have the tools to develop, measure, analyze and tune their games. We are looking for a strong Software Engineer who shares our passion for enabling developers to build amazing Xbox One, Windows PC, and xCloud games. The ideal candidate is experienced at building great products, is able to engage across the engineering organization, has the customer focus needed to learn from the Xbox developer community and has the ability to partner with many different types of people.
* 4+ years of software development experience
* Strong debugging skills
* Excellent design and coding skills in C/C++
* C# and WPF/XAML experience a plus
* Demonstrated technical excellence and commitment to quality
* Passion for delighting game developers with high-quality, reliable experiences
* Flexible, self-motivated team player
* Able to work across teams, organizations and functional areas to deliver end-to-end solutions
* Prior game development experience is a plus
* Prior profiling tools experience is a plus
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Collaborate closely with multiple teams across Microsoft
* Design and implement key features of PIX and other game performance tools
* Work with and support game studio developers to understand and improve their workflow through our tools
* Help us take game-focused developer tools to the next level
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.