Are you passionate about building applications and platforms that deliver great user experiences? Would you get excited about giving users a way to transform their innovative ideas into beautiful apps? If so, come join the PowerApps team and help us deliver the next generation business application platform!
Microsoft PowerApps enables our customers create and share visually stunning and behavior-rich mobile and web apps without writing code. Apps built with our technology leverage the power of cloud data and services, user information, device signals, image and video processing to become truly "magical".
Our team is responsible for the visual designer, the rendering engine, and the application and control framework. The tech is similar in complexity to a game rendering engine, and it uses native device capabilities like camera, location, video, and speech. We rely on cutting-edge technology stacks and the open source community. We surround ourselves with compiler developers, language experts, data platform experts, and server and scalability experts. We integrate with Power BI, Flow, and Common Data Service. We are agile, flexible, customer focused, and constantly on top of the latest techniques.
We work at a startup pace with a focus to ship early and often. We are building a culture around delivering customer value in a differentiated and highly competitive way. As a result, attention to scalability, resiliency and agility is highly valued for candidates.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent area of study
* 2+ years of experience developing large scale online services / applications that are secure and have robust performance and reliability
* 2+ years of experience with Agile development methodologies and unit testing practices
* 2+ years experience with architecting and developing scalable solutions
* A passion for improving engineering practices and producing high quality software
* Solid CS fundamentals and strong inclination for architecting at scale
* Excellent technical design, problem solving and debugging skills
* Good written and oral communication skills, ability to deal with ambiguity
* Experience with cross-platform application development on iOS, Android, Windows and modern web browsers
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We are looking for talented full-stack and cross-platform developers who are experts in building UI for complex web applications. The ideal candidate has outstanding design and coding skills, passion to tackle technically challenging areas and a deep desire to create breakthrough user experiences.
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.