Microsoft Azure Storage is a highly distributed, massively scalable, and ubiquitously accessible cloud storage system designed to scale out and serve the entire world. Azure is growing their development team working to deliver a new tier for Microsoft's cloud storage offering. This new tier will be low-cost, energy efficient, and capable of storing Exabyte's of data for decades.
We're looking for software engineers interested in helping us fulfill our vision of providing a storage service capable of satisfying the worlds ever increasing demand for cloud-based storage for many years to come. In this role, developers will design and implement new low-cost storage solutions to be used within Azure's storage infrastructure. If you have the interest to work on new hardware and software solutions to enable performance and scalability at the highest levels, then Azure Storage may has a place for you.
* 3+ years programming experience in C/C++ building scalable, distributed services.
* BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science or related field
* Strong problem-solving and debugging skills
* Experience with multi-threaded/parallel programming
* Excellence in software engineering practices, coding, and solid foundation in data structures and algorithms
* Ability to drive technical decisions across teams and divisions
* Proven ability to deliver quality software
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Come join us and be challenged on a daily basis as you help build the largest storage solution Microsoft will offer. In this role, you will learn about:
* Data path (user/kernel mode) and storage stack (file systems, block layer) programming - Data availability and consistency
* Storage protocols such as SCSI and SAS
* Writing Windows user-mode code at the Win32 layer, interacting closely with device drivers
* Debugging interactions between hardware devices and system software
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.