Creatively leveraging technology to re-invent traditional processes to increase Microsoft's operational efficiency is key to the successful execution of both our current and future business strategies. This role will be part of a team that has the charter to drive digital transformation in Microsoft Business Operations.
The Microsoft Business Operations Engineering team embraces customer focus, collaboration, agility, and the belief that experimentation (failing fast) drives innovation. In our daily work, we demonstrate growth mindset, integrity, grit, vision, curiosity and courage; we require you to bring those values as well.
Our team is looking for an exceptionally talented full-stack developer to work on a strategic internal program to improve cost and process efficiencies across our organization. Successful candidates must have a track record of showing up in a variety of technical and business situations with an inquisitive, can-do mindset and the ability to break through barriers, challenge the status quo, and build connections across organizations. Our ideal candidate will think about audience scenarios and demonstrate user empathy when designing and developing solutions. This candidate needs to have an eagerness to roll up sleeves, learn & apply the latest technologies while building high-quality web applications, APIs and microservices with high availability and reliability that simplify complex business problems.
Now let's talk about you. You want to build best-in-class solutions using robust coding practices and the latest tech. You have passion and desire to work under an Agile DevOps culture and you enjoy the rhythm of a fast-paced startup environment. You relish the opportunity to work closely with your customers and deliver software that delights them.
* A minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Development, or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required.
* 3 years' minimum software development experience using OOP languages like C#, C++, or Java
* 2 years' minimum experience working with cloud computing platforms like Azure or AWS
* Experience with distributed systems design and implementation, especially microservices architecture.
* Strong software engineering fundamentals (data structures, algorithms, async programming patterns, object-oriented design, parallel programming).
* A minimum of a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent alternative education, skills, and/or practical experience is required
* Machine Learning or Deep Learning experience would be a bonus but not required. After all, we believe in learning and growing on the job.
* Master's in Computer Science or related field
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Design and deliver the next generation of highly scalable, intelligent cloud services and products.
* Build and support modern web applications and large-scale distributed services.
* Produce high quality code that is unit tested, code reviewed, and checked in regularly for continuous integration.
* Collaborate with colleagues including product owners, UX designers, ML Engineers/Researchers, data scientists and other engineers to create delightful and meaningful experiences for our customers.
* Evangelize and/or propose new ideas while "bringing others along" with strong communications.
* Demonstrate a sense of pride, ownership, and personal accountability for the end-to-end product.
* Continuous learning and working closely with the latest technologies (Serverless, containerized apps, AI/ML, IoT, .NET Core, etc.) in Microsoft.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.