Sr. Content Manager
The Developer relations team mission is to win the hearts and minds of developers, architects, and administrators across the globe. We create global online education for Microsoft, like docs.microsoft.com, Channel 9, and Microsoft Learn. We believe that great online content is the foundation for everything we do to make it easy for customers to learn how to use our technology to solve their business challenges.
Who: You're a technical person who is passionate about writing and creating engaging content to help people learn. You love to manage people and help mentor and guide others in their career. You're able to come up with a cohesive strategy and see the big picture and direct others in that vision. You're a lifelong learner who understands that there's always room to improve. You're collaborative, able to accept and incorporate feedback, and you always keep the end goal in mind -- to produce what's best for the customer.
Where: We're open to both local and remote candidates.
* Strong project management, organization, and planning skills.
* Experience delivering great results under tight deadlines.
* Strong written and verbal skills.
* Strong affinity for cross-group collaboration and negotiation.
* Three or more years of experience writing technical content.
* Technical background, preferably as a developer or IT pro
* Experience with Azure or other cloud environments.
* Experience working in GitHub and Markdown language.
* Experience writing about cloud-based and hybrid solutions.
* A degree in areas related to communication, training, or information architecture preferred but not required.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You'll lead a team of learning professionals to design and build Microsoft Learn content focused on Azure services, features, and tasks.
* You'll identify and work with stakeholders such as engineering, documentation, and marketing to design a training content plan that meets our customers' needs and goals.
* You'll coordinate with different team members to implement and track the delivery of the content.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.