Austin - TX, AUSTINA, 12401 Research Blvd Svrd NB, 78759
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
Schwab is recruiting a driven, results-oriented software technical lead who shares our passion for technology, innovation and excellence. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people's lives by changing the way the world invests. We are in the midst of re-architecting and rebuilding our core enterprise software platform to support our rapidly growing and evolving business. We are moving towards a Test Driven development and Continuous Integration environment using Bamboo and Bitbucket. The software engineer will be a developer that can perform in a dynamic, fast-moving, and agile environment and is passionate about developing high quality, high performance, and scalable software. The candidate will work aside a team of seasoned engineers whose main objective is to maintain all aspects of the overall software development lifecycle and ensure the on-time, quality delivery of software product releases.
This position will be part of Digital Services Technology team at Schwab and we will focus on driving client-centricity, reducing time to market & increasing efficiency. The model is insights-driven and focuses on rapid iterations to drive innovation and transformation. Ideal candidates enjoy fast-paced environments, thrive under ambiguity and embrace change passionately. This is a unique opportunity to grow and transform our business through driving significant step-change in our time to market, building more integrated client-centric experiences, and enabling project success via cross-functional coordination and ownership.
What you'll do:
* Work closely with product owner and team members to decompose stories, design features, and prioritize tasks.
* Prototype, validate and create specific application solutions for the business.
* Work with team in execution of development pipeline and delivery of the organization's software products to QA, and ultimately to Production.
* Interface with product owner and key stakeholders in Project Management, Business, QA and Technology Operations to ensure high quality delivery of software projects on time and budget.
* Create artifacts for each project such as Software Architecture documentation, Technical Use Cases, and Code Review Packages.
* Meet periodically with onshore and offshore developers to review and improve code quality, requirements specification and design methodologies.
* Utilize automated software test tools and frameworks such as test driven development to achieve software quality standards
* Support integration efforts to build whole systems from various subsystems
* Support release manager to assemble releases and drive improvements in the release process
What you have:
* Minimum of 5 years of solid backend development experience in C#/.Net
* Strong Experience with frameworks such as .NET, .NET Core, Spring, Hibernate and understanding of UML (Unified Modeling Language)
* Strong Experience in object oriented design, SOA, design patterns, development, implementation and maintenance.
* Strong Experience designing and implementing REST based Web Service API(s) in a transaction processing environment.
* Strong Experience providing guidance, direction, and feedback to other technical staff in order to meet agreed upon objectives.
* Experience in Cloud Native Applications and Micro Services Architecture
* Experience in building enterprise scale web solutions based upon n-tier architecture using open source technologies (Angular / React), Microsoft Web API, and SQL / No-SQL Databases.
* Good understanding of latest Architecture and Development Standards, Guidelines and SOLID principles
* You should be comfortable in a fast-paced customer focused environment that continually embraces the latest technologies and techniques.
* Thorough understanding of Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures.
* Self-motivated as well as creative and efficient in proposing solutions to complex, time-critical problems
* Ability to analyze, propose and implement timely, cost effective, quality solutions for all issues or problems within area of responsibility
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Experience in developing applications using modern streaming technologies and protocols
* Experience with distributed multi-tier applications, WMI, NO SQL databases, and SQL is preferred
* Independently plans own work and are accountable to meet schedules and deliverables
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills required for composing and delivering technical presentations or other forms of documentation to various level of technical and non-technical management
* Proficient managing multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Other Specialty Engineering-2-5 yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-2-5 yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-6+ yrs, IT-Distributed and Web Development-2-5 yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Monday, June 3, 2019
Expiration Date: Tuesday, November 19, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.