We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challengeconventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We are looking for a skilled engineer with disciplines that incorporate aspects of software systems engineering and operations. We are combining these skills to come up with better ways of managing and operating applications.
What you'll do:
* Evangelize SRE mindset and solve problems through systematization.
* Identify opportunities to build innovative tools and solve unique operations problems on a large enterprise and mission critical applications
* Create scripts to automate operational tasks & incorporate the solutions into infrastructure
* Triage alerts & diagnose/resolve critical issues, manage implementation of changes
* Develop tools, frameworks, and instrumentation to validate and increase rollout success for applications.
* Coordinate capacity planning
* Develop CI/CD orchestration systems to reduce friction for software delivery to production.
* Real-Time troubleshooting of mission critical application workflows and incorporate feedback to product development.
* Participate in on call support
What you have:
* 5 plus years of experience with enterprise level administration and support
* 5 plus years of experience in writing automation scripts, building application dashboards for proactive monitoring, setting up Alerts for early determination of the issues
* 5 plus years of experience practicing SDLC (Software Development Lifecycle) practice, process improvements
* Hands on enterprise systems administration, monitoring, and deployment activities
* Experience with Windows 2012/2016 hosted via Virtual Machine
* Knowledge of IP networking including DNS, DHCP, firewalls, IP routing, etc.
* Familiarity with large scale distributed systems and high-availability architectures
* Linux and Windows system administration, troubleshooting, and tuning
* Development experience in one or more or programming languages such as .Net, Powershell, Java, Python, Bash
* Knowledge of one or more of SQL, NoSQL databases
* Knowledge of one or more of Message Brokers such as Solace, RabbitMQ, IBM MQ
* Working knowledge of Splunk, AppDynamics or similar tools
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email email@example.com or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.