Software Developer (UI / Front End)
Req #: 222646
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: None
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
We are looking for talented engineers that are excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to create truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with a highly talented engineering team that builds technology that bridges software and intelligence community needs. Our client engagement processes, the way we collaborate, operate, and deliver value provides an unparalleled opportunity to grow and advance. Choose us, and make delivering innovative work part of your extraordinary career.
Our work environment is mission focused but relaxed; is professional but casual; and requires individual responsibility within team constructs. We offer an environment where business casual and shorts/flip flops work side by side successfully; we let you be you. We provide the tools you need to succeed and our employee benefits package is equaled by very few firms.
Offices for this opportunity are in Sterling Virginia and Denver Colorado. We believe in healthy home/ work balance; both our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Check us out at http://www.bit-sys.com/bits/benefits.jsp.
What We Can Offer You:
Opportunity to work on a large, long term, program that we implement as small innovative teams. This arrangement will offer teammates the maximum opportunity for contribution, and exchange of solutions and technologies.
* The program collaboratively creates mission critical software applications for its users, whom we coordinate with heavily for design and development to ensure we bring the right product to make our users efficient and effective in the execution of their mission.
* You will provide User Interface design and development expertise in support of new application development, use test driven and iterative methodologies, and work with teammates to maintain our team's five year track record of on time and on schedule deliveries.
* Developers are expected to have excellent technical expertise, to be highly self-directed and motivated, and collaborate respectfully with their teammates, always keeping user mission first.
* You will be part of a responsive team where communication skills and the ability to solve problems are critical to our success.
You can expect to work with highly motivated teammates that will support and push you, and will expect reciprocal action on your part.
* Culture of sharing information amongst teammates and management team
* Culture of team before self
How far you go in the organization is up to your goals and performance!
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Software Engineer, Lead will:
* Provide test, integration, and deployment of the software baseline.
* Leverage prior experience with excellent development and configuration management practices.
* Collaborate to provide a technical solution compliant with the design and interface definitions.
* Participate in new development starting with requirements analysis and design.
* Must be self-motivated individuals who can understand technical concepts, have good communication skills, and able and willing to collaborate on technical items with the larger team.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction Design,computer science, or related field) and 5-12 years of related software development experience
* Experience with both Object Oriented and Function Programming approaches
* Experience working with users on business needs
* Experience with Web services
* Experience in service based development
* Experience with Linux operating systems
* There is no clearance requirement to begin employment. As a requirement of continued employment you will be required to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
* Able to obtain a TS/SCI with CI Poly
* Must be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for a TS/SCI clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with relational, noSQL, and file based storage products
* Experience with software configuration management processes and tools
* Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.