Network Architect - TS/SCI Poly
Req #: 221666
Location: Fairfax, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
CACI has an immediate opportunity for an Enterprise Architect with Network Engineering experience. The Network Solutions Architect will be responsible for supporting the Terrestrial Networks Domain Architects and Tech Directors in long-range planning and projects in addition to short-range tactical efforts. They will develop and revise plans and layouts for network communications solutions to be delivered to customers on our global data communications network. The Architect will present plans to the team's Domain Architects and the Tech Director for review and feedback, and ready them for presentation at delivery project control gates. Considerations and requirements for network security will be developed in collaboration with the organization's Information Assurance and CyberSecurity staff.
The architect is responsible for functioning as a top technical expert supporting an enterprise technical infrastructure. Studies and analyzes system needs, system development, systems process analysis, design, and re-engineering. Works with the enterprise to solve business problems with technology including hardware, software, databases, operating systems, and networks. Designs and defines information technology (IT) system architecture for integration of multiple platforms, operating systems, and applications across the enterprise. Determines systems specifications, input/output processes, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security. On tactical efforts, coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and documents the framework for integration and implementation for changes to technical standards. Assists in the development and management of an architecture governance process. Maintains knowledge of changes and advancements in technologies.
What You'll Get to Do:
You will develop expectations and requirements for hardware and software to support the needs of the various solutions network designs. You will also be responsible for the design solutions architectures for transition to project teams for execution within the framework of the designed models and develop models to predict future network needs, including reviews of current data traffic, estimating growth, considering the needs of traffic routing and shaping, and build outs of new technologies, including Software Defined Networks and SD-WAN. You will produce detailed documentation and graphics to articulate the details of solutions, roadmaps, and strategies. The architect will be able to communicate complex technical issues to various audiences, facilitate discussions, and gain consensus. You will be a trusted advisor helping to transform both the enterprise environment and the organization behind it.
You'll bring These Qualifications:
* 8+ years of IT and networks experience, both in the field and in an Engineering and Design organization
* Expert knowledge of Global Wide Area Networks
* 4+ years' experience as a Systems or Enterprise Architect
* Excellent communication skills in technical, business, and client interactions
* Proven ability in working with a multi-discipline team comprised of one or more of the following disciplines: Systems, Software, or Network Engineering
* Proven ability as a process advocate and SME, including excellent skills in Configuration Management
* Demonstrated ability to develop and convey recommended solutions to clients to resolve issues
* Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative environment
* Experienced developing Architectural and design artifacts, especially architectural modeling
* Experience developing tier 1 and detailed requirements
* Must have a current TS/SCI with poly
This position typically requires a bachelor's degree and 12 to 15 years or related experience with one to two years of supervisory experience, but for this position, a Bachelor's Degree in IT related subject and 8 years experience; a Doctorate with 4 years; or a Masters with 6 years; is acceptable.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
* Experience with industry standard and U.S. Gov. Specific enterprise architecture frameworks, roadmap visualization tools, modeling languages, and standards.
* Experience with DoDAF, FEAF, TOGAF, etc.
* Experience with ArchiMate, Sparx, etc
* Experience with ITIL, eTOM, ITSM, etc.
* Experience with Software Defined Networks and/or SD-WAN
* Experience working in JIRA
* Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
* Experience with communications systems or in a commercial / industry communications organization
* Experience with medium Telco company best practices for network services
* Experience with networking protocols such as RSVP and OSPF to perform Traffic Engineering
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.