Would you like to work in a collaborative environment at a state of the art facility in Texas?
Then join our Raytheon team of smart people solving problems that make the world a safer place and help to secure our great nation! Come support those who provide us with all the freedoms we enjoy. Our new Cityline facility in Richardson, TX has many amenities that make work and life balance. On site we have a 24 hour fitness facility, a health center, a massage therapist, relaxation rooms, a mother's room, an upscale cafeteria, a learning center, collaboration rooms, fun space that includes a foosball and pool table, and dynamic break areas for easy conversation and socialization. Popcorn Thursday's, employee appreciation lunches, bonus opportunities, and great benefits that include medical, dental, vision, 401K match, flexible work schedules, are just a few of the reasons people come to work at Cityline.
If you have the technical knowledge in software engineering and system development (DevOps, Cloud, or Cybersecurity) and the desire to learn and grow in a company with over 60,000 global employees, then Raytheon is worth the time to explore. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon. Click here to learn more: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services, located in Richardson, Texas (Cityline) is looking for a candidate to join our world-class engineering team as a Software Architect.
Job Description:The Software Architect will be assigned to a program primarily within the Global Intelligence Solutions (GIS) product line and be a key member of the development organization. The architect candidate is expected to work within an evolving agile development organization and will be accountable for refining software requirements, providing development estimates, designing & implementing software and managing timeline commitments. The selected candidate will also provide architectural designs and technical leadership to the software team. A demonstrable understanding of software principles, theories, and concepts related to software engineering (including software development lifecycle and software development process), design patterns and Object Oriented analysis, design, and programming should also be within the experience scope of the candidate.
The selected candidate must have an active TS/SCI clearance.
Job responsibilities include:
* Strong and effective communication skills in both written and verbal formats
* Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes
* Investigate and resolve support issues
* Contribute to the program continuous process improvements
* Work independently, with minimal day to day guidance
* Have the ability to work as a part of a cross-functional engineering team
* Mentor and foster technical and professional development of the team
* Partner with managers and stakeholders to drive projects forward
* Implement new business requirements as well as migrate legacy applications to new technologies.
* 7+ years of experience in delivering high quality, innovative applications and programming (Java, C++, etc.)
* Experience using SOAP-based and RESTful web services
* Experience with container services tools such as Docker and cloud based deployments
* Experience with container management tools such as Rancher or Openshift
* Experience with frameworks such as Spring or Spring Boot
* Experience using agile methodologies for development
* Strong relational and NonSQL database experience
* Experience with Apache Service Mix or other type of ESB
* Experience using continuous integration using tools such as Hudson/Jenkins or Cruise Control
* Experience with automated testing, build automation and dependency management tools
* Experience developing and deploying micro-services
* Experience working with AWS
* Experience coding applications interfacing with Postgres, Mongo or other NoSQL databases
Required Education (including Major):
Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science and minimum of 8 years of prior relevant experience
IISBONUS 138428BR 138428 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI - Current
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.