How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
IT System Administrator II
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Our IT organization ensures that Raytheon teams across the globe are able to communicate, collaborate and innovate for customer success. We create leading-edge technology solutions to prevent security threats and protect the integrity of our systems. System Administrators collaborate to support fast-paced, critical programs with classified information system capabilities.
As a System Administrator supporting the Integrated Air & Missile Defense Business Area, your program teams rely on you to provide guidance to define computing requirements and create end-to-end solutions to solve complex IT problems. Success in this role means you are able to develop, implement and maintain secure, cost-efficient environments across various classified programs. Effective System Administrators collaborate and team effectively across functions, and take on opportunities to serve as project leads and/or mentors to share knowledge across the IT team.
This position is located in Tewksbury, MA, with potential for international and/or domestic travel. Capped relocation is available to the selected applicant if they are eligible per company policy.
US DoD Secret Clearance is required for this role, except in rare cases, only US Citizens are eligible for US DOD Security clearances.
* Assure system reliability and performance through monitoring and infrastructure management
* Provide system administration and maintenance support on Linux/Windows based environments in client/server, network and data storage capacities
* Respond to online service requests from users
* Ensure server and application compliance with security and performance requirements (NISPOM, RMF)
* Convert and upgrade to new systems
* Develop and maintain technical and operational documentation to continually improve our computing environments
* Engage in knowledge sharing to further develop the overall capability and performance of your technical team
* 4 years of experience with Windows operating systems, Windows 7 and 10 Windows server 2008 and 2012.
* Active Directory and group policy management
* Data storage and data backup technologies
* Security+ certification
* Ability to collaborate effectively in diverse team settings
* Experience or interest in building AWS, Cloud and/or DevOps technical skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Science, Mathematics or a related field
* Significant applicable professional experience in a related field is accepted in lieu of a University Degree at the hiring manager's discretion.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com .
Stay Connected: Don't miss out on what's happening at Raytheon.
* Follow @Raytheon on Twitter
* Follow Raytheon on YouTube
* Follow Raytheon on LinkedIn
* Follow Raytheon Company on Instagram
Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Secret - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.