How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What's YOUR Mission?
Here at Raytheon, we work together as one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place. Our innovation spans all domains: from land and sea to air, space and cyberspace. We're inspired by a noble mission that's shared by Raytheon employees around the globe and an inclusive culture that empowers employees and celebrates their contributions.
Raytheon is seeking a Linux System Administrator with strong System Administration background to join the Justice Program Team.
The System Administrator is responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining and implementing solutions to optimize the infrastructure operations. Analyzes and identifies all or part of a company's existing or new computer (and/or server), peripheral, network, and telecommunications systems requirements, taking into consideration the special technology needs. Establishes functional and technical specifications, solves hardware/software interface problems, defines input/output parameters, and ensures integration of the entire system or subsystem.
This position requires TS/SCI clearance w/CI poly
* BS Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience)
* 4+ years of experience directly related to Linux System Administration, including installation and maintenance of software and hardware
* Experience administering Linux based OS systems with minimal support, to include Linux sub-systems, patching, networking, user management, san management, and security.
* Proficiency with Enterprise level administration of common services such as DNS, LDAP, TCP/IP, and Microsoft Office Suite
* Strong hardware/software troubleshooting skills
* Must be able to lift up to 35 pounds in support of hardware installations
* Must have CompTIA Security + certification
* Hands on experience with IaaS hardware and SaaS software, including blades, disk systems, Citrix, Vmware, and x86 systems; demonstrated proficiency with Enterprise level DNS, TCP/IP, X windows, identity management, troubleshooting, and system hardening.
* Strong analytic and research skills - must be detail oriented
* Understanding syntax, format and interaction between Operating Systems (Linux, Microsoft Server and workstations)
* SAN Experience: experience designing and implementing storage for optimal performance. Experience should include setting up the storage to dynamically allocate/de-allocate disk from systems. Must have a thorough understanding of multipathing and RAID technologies. Understand disk communication over fiber channel and ten Gb Ethernet
* Demonstrated ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with efficiency
* Requires the ability to effectively interact with external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations and vendors
* Communication and diplomatic skills a must; significant interaction with various segments of the program.
* BS Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a similar technical related field, OR equivalent combination of education and experience (BS degree = 8 years relevant experience).
What We Offer:
Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with CI Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Information and Knowledge Systems
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
TX - Richardson
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.