JP Morgan Chase
Site Reliability Engineer
Req #: 190046229
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Infrastructure Development team, you will dive right into creating innovative solutions that advance businesses and careers. You'll join an inspiring and curious team of technologists dedicated to develop and deploy large scale infrastructure solutions that supports JPMC's diverse and critical businesses. You will be using the latest technologies, data management and security practices in all aspect of software development. Critical thinking, clear communication and collaboration are key to success product delivery.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
This position is anticipated to require the use of one or more High Security Access (HSA) systems. Users of these systems are subject to enhanced screening which includes both criminal and credit background checks, and/or other enhanced screening at the time of accepting the position and on an annual basis thereafter. The enhanced screening will need to be successfully completed prior to commencing employment or assignment.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages: Python, Java, C, C++, Go
* Experience in both Systems Engineering and Software development
* Proficiency in at least one of these disciplines:
* Internals of distributed Operating System (Unix/Linux, Windows, Z/OS)
* Systems programming
* Network programming
* Experience using large scale software development in one of these languages: (Java, Python, .Net, C++, etc.)
* Experience using system and software security and entitlements such as SSO, windows, Kerberos, LDAP, Windows AD
* Experience with new and emerging technologies such as cloud and virtualization
* Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services-from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
* Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
* Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
* Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
* Be part of a dynamic team that provides round-the-clock 24x7 coverage to ensure service uptime and stability, including the occasional need to provide coverage outside of business hours.
* Thrive in a team environment with strong interpersonal skills. Collaborate and build relationships with engineers, development teams, architects, operations partners, and business clients
* Establish, and regularly update, multi-phase delivery roadmap
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your
career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JP Morgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase & Co. is a global financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury and other services.