Cybersecurity Lab Platform Engineer
Req #: 190034141
Location: Seattle, WA, US
Job Category: Technology
CTC (Cybersecurity & Technology Controls)
The Cybersecurity & Technology Controls group at JPMorgan Chase aligns the firm's cybersecurity, access management, controls and resiliency teams. The group proactively and strategically partners with all lines of business and functions to enable them to design, adopt and integrate appropriate controls; deliver processes and solutions efficiently and consistently; and drive automation of controls. The group's number one priority is to enable the business by keeping the firm safe, stable and resilient.
We are looking for multi-disciplined forward-looking technologists like you with diverse backgrounds and experiences including in areas such as cybersecurity, big data, machine learning risk management and controls, compliance and oversight, cloud security.
As an experienced professional in our Cybersecurity organization, you're equally committed to watching over our data today, as well as finding innovative new ways to protect it in the future. To do that, you'll help lead a highly motivated team laser-focused on analyzing, designing, developing and delivering solutions built to stop adversaries and strengthen our operations. You'll use your leadership skills to give guidance, best practice advice and support across all our business and technology groups. You'll take the lead on incident response, risk reviews and vulnerability assessments, identifying threats, all of which ladder up to driving and selecting cost-effective solutions. You'll deploy best practices, new policies, and emerging trends to strengthen our strategic roadmap. You'll keep management, executive directors, managing directors and stakeholders in the loop, as well as managing people and budgets. As part of JPMorgan Chase & Co.'s global team of technologists and innovators, your work will have a massive impact, both on us as a company, as well as our clients and our business partners around the world.
* Work in the Architecture and Design of Lab as a Service for cyber analysts to launch platform and software stack in a segmented network.
* Focus on the building and managing Cyber security Labs platform on-prem and in public cloud. Cyber security lab is used for destructive testing, cyber research, pen testing, and cyber software/appliance POC.
* Research and test cyber related software and appliances and provide recommendations to cyber organization.
* Provide support to the Lab users.
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Extensive AWS experience (VPC, EC2, RDS, S3, Directory Services, Workspaces, KMS, IAM, ACM, Route53, Organizations, Lambda, ELB, CloudWatch, CloudTrail) including traffic and access control
* Strong System Administration (configurations, installations, patch management, server maintenance, etc.) and Network Management (firewalls, proxies, IP management, routing, DNS)
* A solid understanding of Unix or Windows operating systems
* AWS stack automation using Terraform and Ansible
* Coding (Python + unit testing of lambdas)
* Continuous integration (Jenkins, Gitlab)
* Explorer, Independent thinker, analytical, highly motivated and self-directing
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills, ability to have impactful communication with code geeks, hackers, and senior executives
* Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment while remaining productive and professional; exercise patience and ability to multi task
* Excellent command of Cybersecurity organization practices, operations risk management processes, principles, architectural requirements, engineering threats and vulnerabilities, including incident response methodologies
* Keen understanding of national and international laws, regulations, policies and ethics related to financial industry cybersecurity
* Noted cybersecurity expert, keeping technical skills current and participating in multiple forums
* Expertise in Agile and can work with at least one of the common frameworks
* Ability to identify network attacks and systemic security issues as they relate to threats and vulnerabilities, with focus on recommendations for enhancements or remediation
Having skills in the below areas is a major plus that will help the candidate integrate within the team and environment but is *not a requirement*.
* Ethical hacking, Malware Analysis , Identity and Access Management, IDS and IPS
* Understanding of Agile Methodologies like Scrum and Kanban
Tech at JPMC
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000+ technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.