Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
About the Role...
This role requires you to think about our customers (both internal and external) while delivering quickly on a wide range of daily tasks - everything from script management, performance monitoring, environment troubleshooting, ad-hoc walkups, automation efforts, patching and code deployments will be a part of your day to day.
* Our team is directly responsible for ensuring a positive customer experience when using the Workday application and this is our main objective 24/7/365.
* Moving fast is key for the company and ensuring our Workday Service is available requires on-call participation, careful planning of changes, detailed runbooks - documentation, collaboration and team due diligence.
* If an item of work is performed manually and repeated often, you find a way to automate the task whether it be in Python, BASH, Ruby etc.
* Experience and interest in building out a software development pipeline will be key as the team moves forward and becomes more project oriented as our operational tasks are automated.
* You'll need to handle multiple tasks, make the right business decisions and solve problems while under pressure, and prioritize and organize effectively.
What We'd Like To See..
* Experience running and maintaining a 24x7 Internet-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers.
* Advanced knowledge of GitHub will be needed for this role.
* Strong understanding of enterprise level thinking on a few levels; documentation, runbooks, root cause analysis, capacity-trending, bug fixes and scripting and your skills show it.
* Experience with a wide variety of tools: Chef, Puppet, SPLUNK, SOLAS, Bladelogic, Ansible, JIRA, Confluence etc.
* Some background of Linux System debugging in a Production Environment.
* Interest in all things Environments related including topics like Site Reliability, scalability, performance and ways to automate is key.
* Experience in performance analysis supporting a Java Application.
* Able to work some nights and weekends is required as part of the on-call support and production update rotation.
* At a minimum, 2-4 years of Operations and/or Development experience.
Workday is a provider of enterprise cloud applications for finance and human resources.