Senior ServiceNow Technical Lead, CMDB Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
The Global Service Asset & Configuration Management Service provides the Honeywell business with the ability for right and fast decisions, ultimately impacting business outcomes. Asset data enables the support of Services and facilitates IT-related decision making. It's critical to have a single-source asset inventory repository that is properly controlled, maintained, and most of all, accurate. This will enable appropriate IT asset change management, the ability to service the customer at times during an incident, and ultimately total cost of ownership.
This position is responsible for leading the technical engineering for the Enterprise Asset & Configuration Management and Discovery, collaborating globally with all Honeywell Businesses, Service Owners, and Supplier Asset Focals, ensuring that a solid asset management process and strategy is in place and that the asset inventory and its corresponding lifecycle is current, accurate, verified, and validated. This position provides oversight to more than 300K global assets, owns discovery, and is accountable for configuration management. Continual Service Improvement will be utilized to improve the service going forward.
* Own the technical day to day operations, innovation of Enterprise Service Asset & Configuration Management at Honeywell
* Monitor global enterprise asset inventory health for all IT hardware asset types (servers, laptops, desktops, network and mobile devices, etc.) and facilitate remediation when deviation occurs
* Lead asset inventory data analysis, identify and calculate metrics for tracking inventory status, and publish reports
* Facilitate creation of Business Services in the CMDB and lead effort to establish appropriate application modeling, dependencies and relationships
* Support internal/external audits and regulatory compliance initiatives
* Leverage global enterprise best practices and a Honeywell User Experience (HUE) approach based upon priorities and strategies established by leadership
Key Responsibilities Lead Engineering, Architecture and Integration of CMDB for ServiceNow Guide team review of large-volume global inventory data Lead Asset Discovery Assessment/develop maturity plan Bolster/Influence Asset Mgmt Governance Board sessions
YOU MUST HAVE
* Bachelor's degree in Business or Information Systems
* 3+ years of enterprise-wide configuration management database (CMDB)
* 3+ years of ServiceNow Asset & Configuration Management experience
* Broad understanding of various Business Asset / Inventory Management Tools, Process/Quality Governance
* ServiceNow Application Developer experience - certification preferred
* ServiceNow Admin experience - certification preferred
* Experience in integrating ServiceNow with third party software, activating plug-ins etc.
* Certified Asset Management Professional preferred
* Greenbelt & DFSS certification preferred
* ITIL Foundations certification preferred
* Ability to learn quickly on new activities and execute seamlessly, with minimal supervision
* Analytical mindset - ability to process information logically, identify gaps and patterns to optimize data integrity
* Experience with Agile and Lean methodologies a big plus to produce in a fast-paced environment
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal and presentation skills
* Experience and strong knowledge of IT Service Management processes.
* Experience in the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) processes and working knowledge of IT operations and architecture. ITIL foundations certification preferred.
* Experience in interfacing technologies such as REST, SOAP services, etc.
* Experience working with databases (MySQL, SQL Server, etc.).
* Develop and modify ServiceNow workflows, forms, lists, business rules, UI components, web services, tables, menus, Client Scripts, UI Scripts, ACLs, UI Pages and Scripted REST APIs
* Experience with CMDB, Discovery, Service Mapping, Change, Data Certification, and other ITSM modules.
* Managing CMDB health by using Discovery (or equivalent methods) to support Assets and Configuration, Service dependency mapping and Governance.
* JOB ID: req186735
* Category: Information Technology
* Location: 115 Tabor Road, Morris Plains, NJ 07950 USA
How HON is Connecting the World
Honeywell is a diversified technology and manufacturing company that invents and commercializes technologies in the areas of energy, safety, security, productivity, and global urbanization.