IT/Network Engineer Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell is seeking an IT/Network Engineer in the greater Chicago area! This person will be responsible for contributing to the designing, engineering, configuring, implementing, commissioning and supporting of ICT infrastructure (Server, Storage, Network, Virtual Platforms) and Enterprise Applications (Honeywell Software: EBI, DVM, EM) at both new and existing client sites. You will review all ICT server/storage/network designs across the district, involves reviewing & validating designs and quotes from Dell/etc. You will contribute to Technical Risk Reviews (TRR) for projects in your respective district that involve ICT/Networking/Cyber Security. In this role, you will be an active contributor to the Global ICT & Cyber Security Centre of Excellence, and work to promote excellence and standardisation in your respective region/district. This role will suit a highly motivated person who enjoys working to the highest standards, in a fast paced technical environment with a variety of technology.
* Engineer high level designs using the best of breed technology to support Honeywell systems, including Virtualisation Architecture, Storage Architecture and Network Architecture.
* Provide a high level of technical expertise / take ownership of the maintenance of existing complex ICT infrastructure system installations at client sites. This role will have a focus on the implementation and support of Honeywell software platforms such as EBI, DVM and Energy Manager.
* Provide expert advice using current technical knowledge as to the procurement, configuration and implementation of the underlying architecture and technologies for new Honeywell led systems, with the aim of ensuring supportability, expansibility and flexibility.
* Take responsibility for the preventative maintenance of existing systems (Inc. patch management, system updates), carry out audits and review of existing infrastructure and take responsibility for all breakdowns/repairs.
* Develop site-specific documentation including configuration, engineering, O&M, testing and commissioning manuals and procedures..
Apply engineer knowledge, tools, and principals to develop systems improving for .
Design high tech systems to integrate homes to manage comfort, efficiency, cost.
Innovate and design systems to safely deploy military overseas.
YOU MUST HAVE
* 6 years experience in an IT Systems Engineer or other IT or Networking Engineer.
* Technical Diploma and/or Tertiary Education in Information Technology/Systems or Computer Science (Essential).
* Certification and/or Training in ICT industry technologies such as CCNA (Cisco), MCSA (Microsoft), VCP (VMware), or CA (Citrix).
* Proficient in networking, servers, storage, IT security, and enterprise applications.
* Current and demonstrated knowledge and systems experience at a senior level in an enterprise environment with the following technologies:
* Windows Servers
* Virtualisation Technologies (VMware preferred)
* Networking, TCP/IP and LAN/WAN
* SAN Storage
* Microsoft SQL Server
* Demonstrated experience in organizing and directing work activities according to priorities, and to meet deadlines involving multiple systems projects and vendors.
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills and the ability to develop innovative and creative solutions in a complex multiple systems environment.
* Experience in the implementation and maintenance of Honeywell Software (EBI, DVM, Energy Manager).
* Understanding of building support systems such as BMS, Security and CCTV.
* Experience in implementing IT solutions and working with vendors in a construction project environment.
* Experience in the implementation of ITIL practices, continuous improvement and client focused service delivery standards and methodologies in large and complex organisations.
* JOB ID: HRD65828
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 50 E Algonquin Rd, Des Plaines, IL 60017-5016 USA
How HON is Connecting the World
Honeywell is a diversified technology and manufacturing company that invents and commercializes technologies in the areas of energy, safety, security, productivity, and global urbanization.