Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Are you passionate about delivering solutions to help Microsoft's customers, and do you love to solve challenging problems through innovative engineering of end-to-end customer experience solutions? Are you naturally curious, deeply technical, and have experience building products and services? Do you want an agile and collaborative environment where you can tackle challenges that deliver immediate and measurable business impact? Microsoft Core Platform Engineering is at the forefront of creating innovative solutions based on Modern Engineering principles across a variety of channels, allowing our customers to get the support they need, when they need it, for any of Microsoft's products and services!
If that sounds exciting, then we have the perfect job for you in Modern Enterprise Services for Hosting (MESH). MESH is an infrastructure service provider, ever evolving as our space continues to evolve. We are Modern as we continuously strive to find new and better ways of transforming disparate hosting services with the promise of delivering the best experience and value to our customers that span across the Microsoft Enterprise and beyond.
MESH is looking for a Service Engineer with technical skills and exceptional collaborative abilities. Candidates should have background that supports running enterprise-class infrastructure, troubleshooting and problem-solving infrastructure and security issues. Candidates should also have the ability to clearly communicate and set expectations with customers, peers and stakeholders.
We are currently looking for strong candidates that will partner with engineering teams across Microsoft to design, deploy and operate modern and secure services to support the efficient hosting operations within Microsoft's product development lab facilities.
* Aptitude for Azure solutions operations, design and services
* Aptitude for Infrastructure service design and management
* Aptitude to design and deliver large scale customer programs or distributed systems and/or automation systems with focus on service architecture, deployment, scalability, performance and security
* Aptitude to own and deliver projects and results of increasing technical complexity
* Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written
* Great design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence
* Creating technical partnerships across teams
* Aptitude to identify automation opportunities and driving business value using automation in technology and process settings
Preferred, not required:
* Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900) or advanced Azure (AZ) certification
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
* Certifications from Cisco, Palo Alto, Arista, etc.
* CompTIA Network+
* SQL certification
* Powershell and/or Python
* Experience with datacenters or labs
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work directly with engineering teams across Microsoft to identify service requirements and capacity needs
* Integrating new technology to create robust, secure and reliable infrastructure solutions
* Plan and coordinate with technical teams to build, deploy and operate customer environments that meet schedule and technical requirements
* Build and manage ongoing relationships with customers, partner in continuous planning cycles, and ensure service needs are identified with appropriate lead time
* Work with new internal customers to identify specific service requirements and ensure the onboarding process is successful
* Ensure seamless end-to-end customer experiences across multiple service components
* Work with engineering and field sales teams to ensure requirements are met and corrective action is taken where necessary to ensure the successful delivery of services
* Orchestrate and pave the path forward to optimize the use of lab resources (including Software Dev/Test, Devices and HW labs) in tight partnership with customer teams
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.