Our team within Microsoft Studios Global Publishing develops web sites, services and experiences in support of Global Publishing game studios' community engagement. Our aspirations are simple - we want to positively impact the world of gaming, improve people's lives, delight our customers, and help discover (and ship) new experiences that revolutionize the gaming industry!
We are seeking a seasoned Web and Graphics designer with a passion for designing engaging, community-focused, user-friendly and scalable web sites. This person will be responsible for creating designs and graphic assets for consumer-facing external web sites and community efforts. Working with developers and production staff, this role is an exciting opportunity for a designer with a passion for iterating on designs using community feedback and telemetry data, and being on the cutting-edge of web technologies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Expert Photoshop - layered PSD files
* Expert Illustrator - ability to create quality vector images and SVG files
* Nice to Have
* Web development tools - code development, git and popular dev frameworks.
* Intermediate to Expert After Affects - ability to create animations for use in web sites and social channels
* Website layouts - responsive design, gaming experience a strong plus.
* Familiar with Responsive Design principles
* Familiar with incorporating popular/common web features in designs
* Basic UI design - knowing how things like menus, tabs, forms, modal and non-modal dialogs, mode switching, multi-select/single select controls work and how to use them
* Social channel content - graphic design for various social outlets.
* Sense of design aesthetics
* Color theory
* Great communication skills
* Preferably someone who has designed for gaming sites before
Bring your experience, talent, and passion to build visually stunning game web sites that showcase our AAA games on the Xbox One and Windows platforms, and leverage our research and platform portfolio to supercharge your ideas.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.