Are you looking for an opportunity to be part of a fast growing and dynamic team? Do you want to broaden and deepen your understanding of key business drivers, challenges, risks and opportunities? Are you passionate about Big Data and the impact it can have within a large business? Do you want to be part of a team with a startup culture. If so, this role may be right for you.
The Azure Data team is responsible for building all of the Azure Data and Analytics Services. In this role you will be working on Azure Databricks. Customers across Industries use this service to analyze their data and drive intelligence. They build a diverse set of solutions which help gain insights into their data to solve their most important problems.
We are looking for a Senior Program Manager which a proven record of successfully building and supporting Big Data Solutions. In this role, you will work closely with engineering teams and help drive the roadmap. You will also be responsible for contributing to the plan for growth and it's execution.
* 3+ years of feature development
* Excellent communication and written skills
* Good understanding of creating/running a service at scale
* Ability to communicate with our Leadership Team on the state of the programs and what we need to do drive these at scale and get teams to turn green
* Excellent design and customer communication skills
* Solid experience shipping software products, including at least one cloud service, and at least one stint taking a product from inception to release to broad adoption.
* Experience influencing and delivering a project across multiple teams and across companies
* Ability to scale written and verbal communications from highly technical teammates to executives at Microsoft and at customers, and from small to large audiences
* A bias for action
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Engage with customers to better understand the requirements and drive the technical roadmap.
* Ability to lead towards timely, accurate and within scope delivery of all sprint items.
* Build functionality to align to data platform standards and best practices.
* Analyzing and solving complex business problems, breaking down the work into actionable tasks, and partnering with teams across Azure to plan and communicate delivery commitments.
* Continuously evaluate our processes and reporting to identify opportunities to improve, enhance, and automate existing and new deliverables.
* Help set the strategy and roadmap for our post sales customer touch-points.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.