John Wiley & Sons
Title: Service Desk Analyst
Location: Hoboken, NJ
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
Service Desk Analyst will provide technical site services support for end user computing needs, provide specialist technical knowledge for supporting incidents and requests submitted into the Service Desk, whilst also providing a referral service and additional coverage for other remote offices when required. Service Desk Analyst will provide timely and accurate response to customer requests and deliver a pro-active, high quality, customer focused IT support service, with timely assistance and consistent follow-up and communication in line with the overall objectives and aims of Global Infrastructure Services.
* Provide initial support and diagnostics for desktop systems and software in use within Wiley.
* Provide initial support and diagnostics for peripheral equipment (such as printers, scanners, tablets and mobile devices).
* Receive and log requests for support from Wiley colleagues and/or service delivery staff. Respond to and manage the status of requests submitted into the Service Desk system. Ensure that all requests are dealt with and resolved appropriately, and issues requiring further specialist input are referred to the appropriate support team. Ensure that all assigned requests are managed, and issues requiring further specialist input are referred correctly. Investigate issues/problems and determine the correct actions to take.
* Provide correct responses to requests for support by means of for example: making system modifications, developing work-arounds or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, changing operating procedures, producing additional documentation, or escalating requests to systems development staff or software suppliers.
* Ensure all work is carried out and documented in accordance with required standards, policies and procedures.
* Take pro-active corrective action to improve performance and to avoid problems arising.
* Research and make recommendations for changes and refinement to processes and procedures.
* Acquire understanding of a problem or situation by breaking it down systematically into its component parts and identifying the relationships.
* Keep track of a consistently evolving environment and evolving technologies and procedures. Share information through regular communication, sharing resources and contributing to resolving mutual problems.
* 3 years plus hands on experience working in a technical support role within a Development, Networking or Service Delivery Function.
* Experience in a Development, Networking or Service Delivery Function.
* Good knowledge of Microsoft operating systems and technologies which deliver applications, systems and services.
* Formal training in MS Technologies
* Good general standard of higher education.
* Customer focused at all times.
* Able to build collaborative customer relationships through meeting or exceeding expectations and handle difficult customer situations efficiently and effectively.
* Able to be flexible with time in unexpected situations and manages through conflicting workload and priorities successfully in line with customer expectations.
* Collaborative approach to problem solving with strong analytical skills including balancing benefits/risks.
* Demonstrates good oral and written communication skills.
* Able to communicate effectively through a variety of mediums (electronic, phone, face to face, body language).
* Appreciation and understanding of global as well as local needs.
* Thinks about and plans for the upcoming day / week and priorities workload.
* Team player.
* Common sense approach.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
About John Wiley & Sons
John Wiley & Sons operates as a research and learning company worldwide.
John Wiley & Sons