Title: Program Manager
Location: Hoboken, NJ
We are in one of the most dynamic periods in our history as technology; globalism and economic diversity create far-reaching changes in the world. The demand for knowledge and learning has never been greater, and Wiley is at the forefront of meeting that need. As a learning business, we make meaningful contributions to research discovery and lifelong learning by helping organizations achieve their goals and people achieve success from education through their career. We may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: change with the times and adapt to meet the ever-evolving needs of our customers.
The Program Manager will help set strategy, execute on schedule and be responsible for managing/communicating status and issues/risks throughout the program lifecycle. This person will work closely with our internal/external stakeholders and must demonstrate professional knowledge to ensure that the work products and deliverables are of the highest quality. This person will also apply subject matter expertise to identify, develop, and implement techniques (based on Agile and Lean principles) to improve workflow productivity, manage program roadmap and schedule, mitigate risks, resolve issues, and optimize cost savings and efficiencies.
Planning & Delivery:
* Drive program delivery with key focus areas: on-time, on-budget, in-scope, with high quality and stability.
* Ensure program roadmap alignment across the WGT system landscape to enable transparency of schedule
* Ensure a continuous planning cadence, through roadmap planning and program increment (iterative) planning
* Ensure the program delivery takes a Service level and Customer level view of "definition of done", success criteria, and measurements, i.e. all delivery is managed towards external customer satisfaction.
* Identify program core team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation, etc., and implement or drive required changes to ensure optimum efficiency.
* Translate prioritized products strategies into program visual road-maps.
* Drive decisions and take actions in support of the larger area's strategic direction.
* Drive delivery through following the lean governance workflow established by the PMO leadership, including new technology initiatives review and prioritization mechanism with a quarterly cadence.
* Drive continuous improvement across the program roadmap delivery and ways of working, driving towards Rapid, Reliable and Repeatable
* Ability to navigate multi-work stream programs with overlapping dependencies.
Communication & Collaboration:
* Drive and manage transparency thru establishment of relevant dashboards and KPIs for decision making a.o. Cost, Usage, Performance, Scale, Errors.
* Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads and senior management regarding project status, resource requirements, issues, and priorities. Proactively identify risks and issues, prioritize them, and create plans to resolve in a timely manner.
* Collaborate with and support teams in delivering work in a way that builds trust across various business units.
* Works cross-functionally to solve problems and implement changes.
* Report weekly through online status dashboards to provide real-time data on program delivery status.
* Drive a strong cross-functional leadership culture between the core team members
* Train, coach and evangelize the core team on the Agile mindset, frameworks, and practices
* Drive a consistent approach to managing M&A integrations by standardizing workflow, deliverables and metrics
* Technology degree, business degree desired, Bachelor's Degree
* Five to seven plus years of project/program management experience in software development
* Advanced experience with Agile methodologies, traditional project/program management and integration projects/programs required OR equivalent education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
* Experience with SAFe framework and the RTE role as defined in the framework
* Intermediate - Advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and project/program management tools.
* Ability to work independently - Self-motivated. Hands-on, detail orientation.
* Ability to make timely and sound decisions
* Superior presentation and communication skills
* Detail oriented with proven ability to multitask in a fast-moving environment with shifting priorities and changing requirements.
* Able to think strategically and tactically to make program successful through consensus and team building skills
* Able to build and maintain strong, trust-based relationships across the organization; Creates a shared sense of direction and community among the teams
* Ability to both lead and function as a member of a core program team
* Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles; remains flexible and calm in the face of uncertainty
* Ability to travel to Wiley locations as needed.
Wiley is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis on race, color, creed, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability or other legally protected status. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and employment review.
Wiley (also known as John Wiley & Sons) is a company developing digital education, learning, assessment, and certification solutions.