Datameer is a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Redpoint Ventures, ST Telemedia, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include who's who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
We are an agile enterprise big data platform that fuels faster, trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer's advanced data preparation, exploration and governance functionality makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets to feed any analytics initiative. Using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premises and the cloud, Datameer helps organizations deliver new insights in days and operationalize them immediately, increasing the agility and responsiveness of the analytics that drive the business.
Datameer is looking for a Senior UX Designer who will work closely with Product and Engineering to deliver the ultimate user experience for an entirely new product.
But hey, we are not looking for just any designer.
* You love what you do not because you have always wanted to be a Designer but because you eat, breath and sleep problem solving no matter what the context and it is at the heart of what you love about design. And you can impress with your aesthetic sensibility, too.
* You are at the level in your career where you have successfully lead UX on cross-functional teams for complex projects. And you love the challenge this offers you.
* You understand product. You get business.
* You want to be part of a starting design team within a fast growing environment that supports each other, but also affords the freedom and autonomy to make your own decisions.
* You value communication, organization and rational thinking and feel there is always time to do a sanity check, build excitement and celebrate successes (as well as failures.)
* You have the skills and experience to lead end-to-end: dream up visions of the user experience; collaborate on direction; define research plans; test viable concepts; evaluate merits of good design solutions that focus on the user and their needs; and, of course, deliver specs at the highest level of quality and attention to detail.
* Other duties and job responsibilities as assigned
* Partner with the Product and Engineering lead to conceive, plan, and deliver effective UX solutions within a given area of the logged-in web application.
* Participate as an influential member of the UX team to support other designers, guide the UX vision, maintain consistency and help build our design culture.
* Be awesome, professional and a joy to work with. It will pay off.
* Minimum of 3 years experience as a key member of a User Experience Design team participating in the complete product development lifecycle of several successfully launched web and/or software applications.
* 4 or more years total industry experience (corporate, software, web, agency experience).
* Experience working with cross-functional teams including User Research, Product Management and Engineering.
* Experience with application design, especially single page applications.
* Ability to present cohesive design approaches to a non-design audience including business, product and technology teams.
* Ability to prioritize and manage work to adhere to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
* Solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements.
* Ability to create information architecture diagrams, wire frames, prototypes and screen flows.
* Help to conduct user research and testing of concepts and solutions.
* Degree in Graphic Design, Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
How to apply:
* Show off your work. Tell us the problems you solved, your approach, about your team, the challenge(s) and how you measured success.
* Have a point of view on data and projects using data; some products in the field of data, the company and anything else you think is worth to tell us - do not be shy, Big Data is a fairly young technology, we're all new in.
* Tell us why Datameer is on your list of places to work.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Datameer is currently not supporting Work Visas.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.
Datameer is a big data analytics platform that turns complex data into actionable insights through agile data preparation and analytics.