Datameer is a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Repoint Ventures, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include who's who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
Datameer is looking to hire a Solution Engineer that would share responsibilities between Engineering and Professional Services. In this position you will play the role of both developer to our core product(s) and customer consultant or field engineer. Your role will be a 50/50 split between assisting with engineering development sprint commitments and either onsite or remote customer services as a part of our professional services team. You'll use your expertise to develop software to provide business value on and around the Datameer platform, provide custom solutions to customers, lead customer teams, and deliver functionally oriented professional services to customer administrators, data engineers, and analysts.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for working with application development and data analytics, and can take a consultative approach with the client. The focus is on efficiency, simplicity and building high impact customer features.
This is a widely scoped role; you enjoy and have experience in both hands on technical and business/data analysis roles. You'll be part of a team with incredible end-to-end capabilities and software development that shares your passion for technology and takes pride in making a tangible difference. You are excited by working with data analytics with a focus on efficiency, simplicity and building high impact customer features.
You may have in the past been both a software developer and had experience managing and serving customers as a solution specialist or architect. You understand the work you do will change how organizations and the industry can access, explore, and execute. You will be responsible for engaging with our customers to solve their technical and strategic needs, advocating for them, and handling escalations if needed.
Responsibilities Technical Solutioning (Field Services)
* Understand and translate requirements, design and develop solutions, implement and transition to Customer teams.
* Integrate Datameer with tools and cloud based platforms within the current data ecosystem.
* Design and develop custom plugins and extensions using Datameer's Java SDK to help customers deliver data exploration, preparation, and analytics use cases.
* Interface with Datameer engineering and product groups to initiate product changes; represent the business to technology and technology to business.
* Provide architectural guidance for both on-premise and cloud implementations.
* Assist with application migrations of Datameer and guide strategy for data migrations.
* Design, prototype, build, and maintain application and data processing components within the Datameer software stack with a customer focus.
* Influence overall product strategy, roadmap, and design while building next generation analytics application features.
* Create strong internal (Datameer) relationships, train others, and evangelize your findings and solutions to encourage team knowledge sharing and efficiency.
* Use your expert coding skills in Java, query and scripting languages to develop solutions.
* Help customers through their Datameer lifecycle from installation through to business analytics, including data management, programming, and infrastructure architecture.
* Interface with customers and customer teams to scope work, gather requirements, and articulate technical design of a solution to customer.
* Maintain and communicate project status, issues, risks, and escalations.
* Provide hands on implementation, troubleshooting, and instruction in a customer facing role.
* Lead business and data analytics teams to identify, define, and achieve valuable data insights.
Experience and Requirements
* 5-6 years of relevant experience in a technical support, professional services, or systems engineering with a customer facing role.
* At least 3-5 years software programming experience including Java and related JVM technologies.
* Experience designing, developing, and debugging distributed systems.
* Experience with on premise and cloud data technologies such as Hadoop, EC2, EMR, RedShift, Azure HDI, Azure Data Lake.
* Experience developing with SQL and RDBMS(s).
* Experience in Linux operating systems including shell script authoring.
* Strong communication and self-management skills.
* Experience mentoring other developers.
* Availability to travel to customer sites; 25%+ travel.
* Comfortable learning and staying current in the latest technologies.
Preferred/ Nice to Have
* Applied experience with analytical programming such as Python or R to create data pipelines, machine learning models, or business intelligence discoveries.
* Demonstrated experience with agile project management.
* Analytical experience: past experience as a data or business analysts and/or understanding the value that data can offer to a business unit is preferred.
* Familiarity NoSQL databases, data streaming and integrating unstructured data will be a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Datameer is currently not sponsoring US Work Visas.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.
Datameer is an analytics lifecycle platform that helps enterprises unlock all their raw data.