Datameer is a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Repoint Ventures, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include the who's who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
We are an agile enterprise big data platform that fuels faster, trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer's advanced data preparation, exploration, and governance functionality makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets to feed any analytics initiative. Using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premises and the cloud, Datameer helps organizations deliver new insights in days and operationalize them immediately, increasing the agility and responsiveness of the analytics that drive the business.
Datameer is looking for a Spark Engineer. This role is based out of our San Francisco office.
We are looking for talented people to develop a cloud-based solution for a strategic initiative that Datameer is actively working towards. You will be working on the foundation of infrastructure and architecture design of the large scale, big data solution. This will include the development of the prototype through to a full operational system that many different teams play a role in.
You will also be responsible for working with the DevOps team on tools for continuous integration, builds, and monitoring of the solutions. You will join an established team in an open, collaborative environment using agile delivery methods. Any experience in converting legacy ETL into the newer technologies is highly valued, as well.
Above all, we are looking for applicants who will thrive in an open, energetic, flexible, fun-spirited, collaborative environment and desire creative freedom and an opportunity to work on high performing teams.
* 5+ years of professional software development with Java 8
* Strong experience and thorough understanding of Apache Spark 2.x
* Knowledge of implementation and optimization of analytical queries in SQL
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or relevant area of study
Preferred Skills & Experience
* Experience with building large scale distributed systems
* Experience with AWS and other cloud technologies
* Experience with Scala
* Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development lifecyle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
* Experience working closely with designers, systems engineers and software engineers in a collaborative and agile development environment
* High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
We are located in South Park near AT&T Park, minutes away from public transportation. We offer catered lunches, great benefits, plenty of snacks, a lot of coffee, and a collaborative working environment plus a dog-friendly office!
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Datameer is currently not supporting work VISAS.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.
Datameer is an analytics lifecycle platform that helps enterprises unlock all their raw data.