Datameer is a well-funded, global software company headquartered in San Francisco with global offices across Europe backed by top tier investors including KPCB, Repoint Ventures, and Next World Capital among others. Our customers include the who's who of the fortune 100 and the list is growing!
We are an agile enterprise big data platform that fuels faster, trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer's advanced data preparation, exploration, and governance functionality makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets to feed any analytics initiative. Using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premises and the cloud, Datameer helps organizations deliver new insights in days and operationalize them immediately, increasing the agility and responsiveness of the analytics that drive the business.
Datameer is looking for a Mid-Level Performance Test Engineer. This role is based out of our San Francisco office.
* Work with development teams that are building our software to generate workloads and tools to understand and characterize system performance and scalability
* Understand system architecture to isolate and layout limitations/problem areas
* Be the performance guru and owner for our on premise product and cloud services
* Work with the engineering team, customer support, and field engineers to find and analyze performance bottlenecks and initiate discussions about improvements in architecture and underlying code
* Give performance consultation and tuning tips to the field
* Own development of automated performance test framework
* Monitor/analyze/catalog the results and ensure that our product hits defined target goals for performance
* Other job duties as assigned
Required Skills & Experience
* Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5+ years industry experience in performance/ Performance testing
* Experience with distributed systems
* Experience with agile development methodology
* Good knowledge of database systems and query execution methods
* Excellent track record of thriving on technically demanding projects
* Ability to narrow down root cause of performance bottlenecks on both frontend and backend
* Skilled with object-oriented scripting languages such as Python or Ruby
* Comfortable in a Linux environment
* Ability to identify potential limitations in software architectures
* Have solid knowledge on performance, the core principles and methodologies
Desired Skills & Experience
* Experience with AWS is a plus
* Experience with Performance Testing- Jmeter, Tsung, Locust, Gatling
* Know how to tune up the JVM, GC and the kernel
* Understanding of throughput, latency, memory and CPU utilization
* English required, German beneficial
We are located in South Park near AT&T Park, minutes away from public transportation. We offer catered lunches, great benefits, plenty of snacks, a lot of coffee, and a collaborative working environment (plus a dog-friendly office!)
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
Datameer is currently not supporting work VISAS.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.
Datameer is an analytics lifecycle platform that helps enterprises unlock all their raw data.