We're looking for a world class Senior User Interface Engineer to drive UI development for the security organization. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a suite of information-rich, security-focused web applications and component libraries. You will be involved in every step of the development process to ensure a highly interactive, useful and usable web-based product - from developing and articulating requirements and product visions, through conceptualization, documenting, communicating your design work, collaborating with user experience designers, and implementation.
As a Senior User Interface Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Working closely with product managers, UX designers, back-end and test engineers to implement elegant and easy to use front-end solutions
* Promoting best practices and smart component reuse in order to create maintainable web applications
* Contributing, innovating and bringing usability and aesthetics to our products
* Maintaining and extending the existing product UI and component libraries
* Develop common UI components for modular development
About the Team
Our software underpins the Security Organization and its portfolio of solutions that constitute Akamai's Security Products. These include Kona Site Defender, Kona DDoS Defender, Bot Manager, Web Application Protector and Site Shield. These provide distributed protection from both DDoS and application-specific web attacks with on-demand scalability.
Akamai's global footprint of over 100,000 servers provides an overlay network with scale and capacity to not just deliver the largest web events but also secure the largest Internet brands from attack. The team builds and extends Akamai's highly fault-tolerant wide area distributed content delivery and application acceleration systems to improve performance, security, reliability and availability of high value websites. Akamai powers over 85% of the top online retailers, with over $100 billion in annual revenue.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree or
* Relevant experience and a PhD
* 3+ years of experience with unit-testing client-side code (e.g. Karma, Jasmine)
* 3+ years of experience with client-side tooling (such as NodeJS, NPM, Webpack, Browserify, Gulp, MAVEN)
* Experience with Angular (2+)
* Experience with Typescript and/or ES6
* Demonstrated knowledge of user interface and information design processes and methodology
* Ability to work with stakeholders from different departments with different perspectives and considerations
* Prior experience with networking/security related products
* Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills; ability to organize and present information on screen and verbally with a team
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.