About the Job
We are seeking a passionate, product-focused full stack developer who thrives on delivering exceptional results and delighting customers.The person in this role will be working on the Enterprise Security Portal, our customer portal. Enterprise Security Portal is the primary method that customers use to manage and view services within the Akamai global network. Engineers who work in our portal utilize the core technologies of Akamai to present services, products, and solutions to customers. Enterprise Security Portal is built into the Luna platform which is a fully built multi-tier web application environment, primarily developed using the Java Enterprise Edition.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for:
* Full Stack development of application software from UI to DB.
* Playing a central role in delivering products and services for the Enterprise Business Unit.
* Developing new features from conception through release and enhance existing applications while ensuring that Akamai customers have an exceptional experience using Luna.
* Participating in the design, development, testing and deployment of management, security provisioning, and monitoring applications.
* Working in a highly cross-functional capacity, partnering with product management, QA, technical writers, and service delivery professionals.
About the Team
Enterprise Security Portal is Akamai's integrated web interface into products, services, and platforms sold to our enterprise customers. This is our customer's doorway/connection to all things Akamai, allowing them to manage and monitor their Akamai products, interact with professional services and support staff, or integrate Akamai data into their environments. Working with this team is a unique chance to get a sneak peek on the Internet industry and will give you a unique chance to glimpse into the technical and business aspects of Akamai's Enterprise Security model that is moving enterprises towards a Zero Trust Solution. Enterprise Security Team works on extending the solutions into the customers enterprise to provide enterprise access and security solutions.
Education and Experience Requirements
Applicants must meet one of the following educations and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a bachelor's degree or its equivalent or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a master's degree or
* Relevant experience and a PhD
* 3+ years experience with Java or Python.
* 3+ years experience with relational and/or NoSQL databases.
* 3+ years experience working on Linux/Unix platforms.
* 1+ years experience designing, implementing and deploying UI using standard UI build deploy tools. Experience with JS frameworks such as Angular or React.
* Docker/LXC experience Expertise in cross-platform software build systems, release engineering, automation, packaging, continuous integration and deployment.
* Experience with Continuous integration, Build Automation and Continuous deployment tools like
* Jenkins, Chef, CruiseControl, GNU make, ANT, Maven, Gradle etc.
* A clear understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and Source Code Management * Systems. Knowledge of cloud computing platforms, such as EC2, OpenStack, Azure.
* Proficient in building and consuming RESTful APIs.
* Proficient with UI frameworks and JS libraries such as Angular or React.
* Experience with Java Web frameworks such as Spring, SpringMVC and Jersey.
* Knowledge or experience with both SQL and no-SQL database systems.
* Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Understand the challenges of packaging products and managing dependencies for enterprise software development.
* Excellent analytical, problem-solving, troubleshooting and decision-making skills.
* Experience with Agile Methodology and Scrum and ability to operate within short release cycles.
* Self-starter who is able to work closely with team members and customers.
* Good written and verbal communications skills
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.