About the Job
The Enterprise Security space is thriving and Akamai is leading the way in exciting new spaces! We are looking for a Principal System Software Engineer to help continue to drive Akamai's Zero Trust platform as the world wide leader. You will be crucial in the architecture and development of new best-in-class security features while simultaneously leveraging your expert knowledge in distributed systems on Akamai's planetary scale network to reach Enterprises, applications, and users around the world.
* Architect and develop critical, robust, fault-tolerant, and scalable functionality and services driven by our customer's performance and security needs.
* Leverage your experience in highly distributed systems along with industry experts at Akamai to develop said features and capabilities such that they run at scale on Akamai's global platform.
* Use your knowledge of best-practice security measures to influence design choices.
* Mentor junior members on the team to help grow the overall capabilities of the group.
* Implement rapid prototypes to bring products to market quickly to meet our customer's needs.
* Effectively communicate and document your designs, implementation, and test plans within the team and across the company at large.
About the Team
Akamai's Enterprise Division is a dynamic group responsible for developing world class Enterprise Security, Identity, and Application Access products to enable customer Enterprise IT and Security teams. These solutions provide fast and reliable enterprise application access and help mitigate endpoint malware and phishing attempts in order to provide safer, easier, and faster security transformations. Ultimately, our goal is to secure, protect, and accelerate all Enterprise communications as a cloud gateway service. The division consists of our world class CTO Research and Development group, a vast engineering organization filled with experts in security and distributed systems, a robust product management organization, sales and technical pre-sales, product marketing, business development, and product support. Additionally, we work closely with several other groups within Akamai as well as a network of security and performance based partnerships and channels.
Required Education and Experience
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 12 years of relevant experience and a Bachelors degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering, Scientific, or Mathematical field or
* 8 years of relevant experience and a Masters degree in Computer Science or similar Engineering, Scientific, or Mathematical field or
* 5 years of relevant experience and a PhD in Computer Science or similar Engineering, Scientific, or Mathematical field.
* 10+ years of experience programming in C or C++.
* 8+ years of experience with multi-threaded design.
* 8+ years of experience with software development on Linux or POSIX/OpenGroup based systems.
* 8+ years of experience with common Internet protocols (TCP/IP, TLS/SSL, HTTP, DNS, ARP, etc.).
* 5+ years of experience developing highly distributed systems.
* Experience with Docker containers and container orchestration systems (Kubernetes, Swarm, etc.) ·Experience developing network applications in GoLang.
* Experience with Python.
* Self driven with experience leading architecture.
* Ability to reason about and troubleshoot complex systems.
* Familiarity with test frameworks and test automation.
* Desire to work in a fast-paced, results oriented team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Understanding of Agile software methodology.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.