Akamai's Enterprise Division is looking for a driven, results-oriented Program Manager to support the geographically dispersed Product Management and Engineering teams in their execution of high-quality products to the market. This role will manage high-profile programs which impact business goals and objectives. This role will also provide leadership across functional teams and subject matter experts in development, planning, automation, and implementation.
The Program Manager II will work with the team to define priorities and resources allocated to initiatives or programs. They will develop and manage communications with cross-functional team members and senior management in Engineering, QA, Sales, Marketing, Service and Support, and Finance, and may engage and oversee the work of external vendors. This role will maintain awareness of internal processes and practices impacting project/program deliverables. The Program Manager will report into the Enterprise Division and will have visibility across Akamai's senior leadership as you report on the status of the key products and strategic programs.
The Enterprise Division needs a detail-oriented problem-solver to plan, communicate, and drive programs within the developing product portfolio. Candidates must be able to simultaneously and effectively deliver multiple programs.
* Drive the smooth operation of the Product (PACE) and Strategic Programs (SPACE) management process for the Enterprise Division
* Drive work with key stakeholders in Enterprise, Sales, Services, Marketing, Platform Division, Finance, IT, & other Akamai groups
* Track, follow up on process dependencies and communicate status to upper management and required stakeholders within Akamai
* Document detailed agendas, meeting minutes, and action items from key cross-functional meetings
* Identify and manage areas of risk/opportunity, and influence and implement continuous improvements to the process
* Define and report on program development process status, issues and success metrics
* Follow guidance and best practices to successfully drive products or strategic initiatives through the process to successful delivery
* Support cross-functional team(s) and subject matter expert with representatives from Engineering, Sales, Service and Support, Finance, Operations, and others in the establishment, planning and implementation of multiple projects and/or programs
About the Team:
The Enterprise business space is thriving and Akamai is growing with it! We're looking for top-notch technical staff to create core technology to deliver a secure, accelerated experience to enterprise customers. Our development environment is fast paced and ambitious. Our highly skilled engineering team is responsible for building software that powers a scalable, highly distributed fault tolerant network of servers comprising elements of Akamai's deployed infrastructure of over 200,000 servers worldwide. The software interfaces with various elements of Akamai's world-class infrastructure such as mapping, technical support systems, and the Akamai Network Operations Command Center. The team builds and extends Akamai's wide area distributed content delivery and application acceleration systems to improve performance, security, reliability and availability of high value websites.
Required Education and Experience:
Applicants must meet one of the following education and experience requirements:
* 5 years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent or
* 3 years of relevant experience and a Master's degree
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or Business Management
* Minimum of 5 years of overall experience
* Minimum of 3 years of experience with Program/Project Management or equivalent experience, ideally in a cross-functional technical delivery capacity
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills and the ability to work effectively across a wide range of constituencies in a diverse corporate and client environment
* Demonstrated experience in agile and waterfall methodologies
* Exceptional oral and written communications skills.
* Proven ability to deliver projects on time and on budget while communicating with key senior leaders
* Proficient with program and project management principles and practices
* Big 5 Consulting experience or PMP certification preferred
* Proficient with Risk and Issue management and resolution
* Proficient with high-tech internet industry & technical software implementations
* Detail and action-oriented self-starter
* Knowledge of JIRA and other Program Management tools
* Certified Scrum Coach (CSC), Certified Scrum Professional (CSP) and/or Project Management Institute-Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification
* Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to drive day-to-day activities
* Use of JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet
Akamai Technologies is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer that values the strength that diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, race/ethnicity, protected veteran status, disability, or other protected group status.
Akamai Technologies is a provider of cloud services for delivering, optimizing and securing online content and business applications across any device.