Job TitleSenior UI/UX Designer
In this role, you'll collaborate continuously with Product Management, Engineering and other stakeholders to drive creative thinking and simplify complex problems to achieve customer and operational goals building enterprise SaaS software for the scientific market.
The UX/UI Designer will be responsible for continuously improving the usability of PerkinElmer SaaS applications with the objective of leading the industry in design quality and end user satisfaction. This will be achieved through daily support and contribution to application development teams.
* 5+ year career experience in user experience and user interface design
* Self-driven, curious, and collaborative
* Experience incorporating User Research findings into the design process
* Experience with a variety of design tools such as: Sketch, InVision, and/or Axure
* A strong UX toolkit demonstrated in your portfolio
* Experience in agile UX methodologies, Lean UX, Agile design methods
* Designing digital products using a minimum viable product approach
(experience with code is a plus, not required)
* Bachelors or master's degree in User Experience Design, Graphic Design, New Media, HCI, Interaction Design, Psychology, or equivalent experience
* Experience or understanding of life sciences, chemistry etc a plus but not required
* Lead and apply different methods of design thinking to understand and solve for problem spaces along different phases of a project, working directly with product owners and tech leads
* Produce compelling, engaging, user experiences that allow users to accomplish their tasks easily and efficiently
* Collaborate with Product Management to understand product requirements and turn them into buildable user experiences, balancing design scope to address usability and engineering concerns with release timelines.
* Participate and collaborate in concept development and design ideation for new product features.
* Mentor and work closely with more junior level designers to offer feedback and production support
* Comfortable in conducting research to validate designs with end users
* Contribute to coordination of design systems and documentation of UX best practices
* Ability or experience working with and across multiple application teams building SaaS products a plus
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
PerkinElmer is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.