Job TitleSr. Technical Services Support Rep P3 - AWS-CLH
Technical Support (P3) and Training
Senior Technical Support Engineer and Program Manager
The main responsibility of this position is the creation, development and maintenance of internal customer training materials on assigned product or technology area. Also responsible for field service training development and delivery as required. Will conduct trainings mainly on site in Turku, also in other locations as needed, or web-based when appropriate. Provides technical support to field engineers who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging PerkinElmer diagnostics instruments and software. Responds to situations where other functions has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning devices. Accountable for product line/technology area problem identification, resolution and communication for design, reliability and maintenance problems or defects. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customer/users where the problem is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
Develop and Deliver Technical and User Training
* Conducts technical training courses for service engineers in the use of assigned product line/technology.
* Interacts with internal organizations to develop training course content.
* Works with engineering, the business elements, and manufacturing to ensure that course material reflects current product features and specifications.
* Instructs participants in classroom lectures, laboratory sessions and web-based training.
Provide 3rd level (L3) Technical Support and problem resolution
* Provide technical support to field service representatives.
* Accelerate conclusion of non-routine field service problems to meet or exceed warranty and installation cost provisions while maximizing customer satisfaction metrics.
* Monitor and respond to field service escalations. Minimize warranty and installation costs and instrument replacements.
* Take an active role as needed is escalation and other troubleshooting calls.
* Work closely with vendors and other partners to troubleshoot and evaluate product problems, drive root-cause analysis and implement product and/or process improvement.
Maintain Technical Documentation:
* Play an active role in the development, maintenance and implementation of technical documentation, user information services and in-house technical knowledgebase systems to improve the efficiency of less-senior specialists and field service resources.
* Maintain updated service documentation and regularly distribute service update communications to field service organization.
Support New Product Introduction :
* Support new product development efforts by providing critical input and evaluation of design-for-service, creating service documentation, defining and forecasting service parts, developing installation protocols, training field service specialists and participating in launch teams to monitor initial installations and assure successful product launches.
* Issue and maintain product line part numbers.
* Other responsibilities and assignments as requested by Supervisor
Requires a Technical Degree or Bachelors degree in the Sciences; or equivalent work experience.
Required work experience related to position
This position also requires 1 year experience in a support or service role, or in a laboratory environment performing duties with similar products and end users applications and equipment.
Must be well organized and have a proven track record of performance customer service. Excellent written and spoken English communication skills are a must.
PerkinElmer is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, or veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law. PerkinElmer is committed to a culturally diverse workforce.
PerkinElmer is a global leader focused on improving the health and safety of people and the environment.