What you'll be doing...
We're a great technology company that's constantly pushing boundaries, creating solutions from scratch, and executing on ideas that no one would have thought possible. You'll be creating the UI for our technology so that it functions effectively and looks good doing it. You'll also be building our collective capability by providing feedback to peers, training users, and mentoring more junior developers. We're already on the cutting edge when it comes to IT-but you can play a critical role in pushing us even further.
You'll work on a team supporting a flagship application for serving Verizon customers. You will lead various projects to develop, implement and maintain the application. As an experienced developer, you will also support leadership by conducting regular code reviews to ensure code quality. You will collaborate with various internal teams on new technologies to make it easy for our customers to do business with us.
* Analyzing business and IT needs and identifying solutions.
* Ensuring that solutions are streamlined and exploit synergies, using the DevSpace development platform.
* Documenting and communicating designs.
* Mitigating risk by building infrastructure components that guarantee scalability, availability of key services, and accuracy of results.
* Providing technical assistance and direction to junior developers.
* Leading multiple projects using on-site and off-shore resources to maintain and develop applications for both enterprise releases and smaller maintenance releases.
* Working closely with the business team, 3rd party vendors, and other internal IT teams to deliver projects on time.
* Performing hands-on coding work on projects to design & develop UI components or enhance existing ones.
What we're looking for...
You're well-versed on all phases of the software development life cycle. While you're detail oriented, you tend to take a larger view, constantly looking for ways to exploit existing technology to create new breakthroughs. You know how to prioritize and effectively manage your stakeholders. You're highly collaborative, driven to help everyone around you reach new heights, and energized when you empower others to succeed.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Web UI design and architecture experience.
* Experience in HTML/Angular/React JS.
* Working on integrating APIs for UI solutions.
* Experience in designing and building responsive web applications.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in IT, computer science, or related discipline.
* Experience in Linux and Windows platform.
* Knowledge with network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTP.
* Knowledge of industry best practices in enterprise-class software development and agile methodology.
* Ability to explore open source technologies and adapt the same in the project.
* Excellent analytical, quick learning and problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication skills - both verbal and written.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.