What you'll be doing...
This position is responsible for the proper operation of a large group of Network Elements. Duties in support of interdepartmental objectives. Other responsibilities include maintaining and repairing all base station equipment and transmitters; maintaining site and test equipment inventories; testing and analyzing network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity and quality; updating daily logs with site-specific information; composing clear and concise reports for system documentation; and performing audits as required by local, regional, Area, Corporate or Regulatory agencies. The Field Engineer - Cells is expected to be able to perform duties independently and participate in cross-functional projects as scheduled.
* Performs preventative and remedial maintenance on all base station and transmitter equipment. Performs installation and optimization of same as well as and ground upkeep. Performs routine building and grounds maintenance and inspections. Integrates Network hardware and interconnect facilities.
* Analyzes network coverage to ensure contiguous communication and network integrity. Makes recommendations to engineering for improving network coverage and implement.
* Updates daily logs with site-specific information.
* Composes clear and concise reports for system documentation.
What we're looking for...
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience,
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in RAN Networking.
* Knowledge of RF principals.
* Knowledge of IP addressing (IPv4 & IPv6), sub-netting, VLAN, LAN/ WAN (MPLS/ VPN, Ethernet, GigE, OCx.) and the testing of those.
* Experience and knowledge of transmission facilities (optical and electrical).
* Knowledge of computer systems, stored program control, and AC & DC power.
* Willingness and availability for shift work, nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call as required.
* A valid driver's license.
Even better if you have:
* A degree in, Electrical/ Electronics Engineering, Telecommunications Engineering, Data Network Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
* 1 or more years of experience plus electronics training in one or more of the following fields: telecommunications (cellular or landline).
* 3 or more years of intermediate training in the following areas: data communications, digital communications, operating systems and applications, telecommunications, computer support, project management, and/or power.
* Expertise of RAN hardware of principles.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
* Ability to successfully handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
* A proactive work style with the ability to set priorities, work independently and with a diverse group of professionals.
* Initiative to independently identify issues, come up with timely, creative solutions, and own issues through resolution.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels of management.
* Strong programming and computer skills with emphasis on applications.
* Willingness to travel to attend training and meetings off-site as required.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.