What you'll be doing...
This technical position will be part of the SIM (UICC and eUICC) Core group of VZ HQ Device Technology team and you will be responsible for defining SIM / eSIM and Smart Secure Platform (SSP) OS. You will also be responsible for defining the Secure Element (SE) architecture on the SIM / eSIM / SSP, working closely with internal teams in designing, developing and implementing SE solutions that will provide both technical and financial advantages for VZ in IOT applications. In addition, you will be responsible for tracking and actively contributing to new developments in standard bodies (3GPP, ETSI, Global Platform, GSMA, etc.) to align the industry with VZ's.
* Design SIM and device-SIM interaction requirements, profile structure and test plans for VZ devices.
* Lead interdepartmental teams toward the design and development of new SIM / eSIM / SSP-based services and solutions.
* Interface with internal stakeholders and manage external vendors for end-to-end development and deliverables related to SIM / eSIM projects.
* Interface with internal and external test system developers for the automation of test plans related to SIMs.
* Analyze SIM / eSIM / SSP related issues and drive swift resolution with internal network teams and OEM partners using VZ's solutions.
* Stay well-informed on advanced technologies related to SIM / eSIM / SSP that may offer Verizon significant technical and financial benefits.
* Participate in trials and evaluations of next generation devices and platforms.
* Study relevant standards (3GPP, Global Platform, GSMA, SIMAlliance, etc.) and specifications to guide cross-functional teams during creation of call flows or device and SIM / eSIM / SSP requirements and test plans.
* Research and evaluate new features and technologies and translating business objectives and strategies into viable device implementation plans.
* Provide direction to enhance current UICC/eUICC platforms' hardware and software architectures.
* Evaluate and develop requirements for next generation provisioning platform and embedded UICC architecture.
* Work with device OEMs in developing methods, tools, and features to enhance embedded SIM provisioning performance.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Strong experience in mobile embedded systems and products.
* Wireless engineering experience or strong understanding of wireless infrastructure (4G and 5G).
* Excellent knowledge of UICC, eSIM, SSP, LTE, IMS, SIM Toolkit, SIM OTA, and JavaCard.
* Development and debug experience on mobile phones with USIM, ISIM, and eSIM support using SIM tracing tools.
* Good understanding of relevant 3GPP, ETSI, Global Platform, SIMAlliance, and GSMA
* Good understanding of Secure Element architecture and SIMAlliance Open API.
* Excellent communication and advanced presentation skills including demonstrated experience
with executive level customer presentations.
* Strong design skills and problem solving capabilities.
* Prior experience successfully leading technical deployment of new wireless products and services.
* Technical product development experience.
* Financial analysis and budgeting experience.
* Strong project management skills to execute on roadmap and drive a project from inception to completion.
* The ability to work on a team and independently on multiple high priority projects.
* Ability to facilitate collaborative resolution of differences with a "win-win" approach.
* Proven organizational and interpersonal skills and proven relationship building abilities.
* Willingness to travel.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.