Senior UI Architect
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Senior UI Architect. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Senior Architect is senior technologist who oversees architecture & design for all digital properties of Albertsons Inc. Helps drive the technology vision, strategic roadmap for digital. Responsible for making the vision realized by closely partnering with business & technical stakeholders. Senior Architect is responsible for developing Architecture Principles, standards & patterns. This leader closely works with Solutions Architects and other technical leaders in the organization. Mentor and groom other architects, technical leads to make them more successful in their jobs. Senior Architect is responsible for the delivery of foundational architecture and other transformational initiatives for a suite of omnichannel systems.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Partner with other architects and technology decision-makers across the omnichannel teams to guide overall UI technology direction.
* Define the UI architecture; choose technology stack, research new technologies, and prototype new ideas. Alignment of application UI architecture with business objectives and high-level UI technology direction.
* Define standards and best practices to ensure consistency and high quality of UI design and implementation
* Partner with product team to understand requirements and translate them into UI design and implementation.
* Partner with UX architects to define and implement reusable UI components
* Mentor architects and technical leads to help build effective engineering practices.
* Be the go-to expert for UI solution to development teams.
* Bachelor's/Master's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering and 8+ years of experience.
* Experience with SPA's, Angular.js, HTML 5, React.js, jQuery, CSS3 and other MV* based frameworks.
* Experience with Node, NPM, Gulp, Grunt, Lint, Backbone, Bootstrap, Browserify, Webpack.
* Experience with cross-browser, cross-platform and design constraints on the web.
* Experience with AEM, Adobe Analytics, Adobe campaign and Adobe Target is preferred.
* Experience with REST API is preferred.
* Expert level understanding of the HTML DOM and underlying event models.
* Experience with oAuth, SAML preferred.
* Experience in designing and developing modules using Angular.JS, or other module loading libraries.
* Understanding of design strategies for effectively leveraging CDNs.
* Understanding of full life cycle development.
* Experience working with Android or iOS applications is preferred.
* Good understanding of AR, VR, and conversational Interfaces is preferred.
* Ability and desire to thrive in a proactive, high-pressure, fast paced environment.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.