Project Technical Lead, Pharmacy
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Project Technical Lead in the IT Pharmacy area. This position is located in Livermore, California.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Provide application design guidance and consultation, utilizing a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs.
* Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solution.
* Analyze highly complex business requirements.
* Design and create technical specifications to design or redesign complex computer platforms and applications.
* Analyze problems outlined by Business Systems Analysts in terms of detailed technology requirements and capabilities.
* Ensure logic and design is in alignment with core architecture of the system/application.
* Participate in the definition and implementation of standards.
* Provide coding direction to less experienced staff or develops highly complex original code.
* Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts.
* Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs.
* Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production.
* Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides.
* Develop documentation standards, procedures and approval hierarchies.
* Lead the technical development on projects pertaining to Albertsons Pharmacies initiatives.
* Collaborate with vendors on system improvements or integration to current Pharmacy systems
* Work with numerous IT and business groups to implement quality and stable solutions
* Collaborate with QA teams and participate in troubleshooting, configuration, and problem resolution as necessary
* Oversee the work of less experienced staff.
* 4-year degree (Computer Science, Information Systems or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
* 6+ years of programming experience (OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies, SOAP and/or REST).
* Strong design and programming skills.
* Strong understanding of patterns and best practices.
* Strong ability to decompose a broad level business requirement into technical implementation.
* Ability to mentor and guide development team members.
* Strong organization skills with good interpersonal skills and a customer service-oriented attitude.
* Strong understanding of web development.
* Experience with systems Integration including building message-based and ETL Integrations.
* Working knowledge of Datastage, WebSphere Message Broker and DataPower preferred.
* Experience with workflow and personalization systems preferred.
* Strong understanding of best practices around website security.
* Strong knowledge of web server and application server capabilities and configuration.
* Experience with web technologies such as caching, SEO, MVC.
* Understanding of security solutions such as single sign on, federated single sign on, access management, encryption, SSL, Directory Server (LDAP), and Identity Management.
* Desire to learn new skills and technologies relating to document management, content management, workflow, portal and search / taxonomy technologies.
* Innovative thinking to solve challenging problems.
* Results oriented with an ability to work in team and individual contributor work environments.
* Experience managing deliverables from offshore team.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is an American supermarket chain.