Technical Project Manager
Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Technical Project Manager. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons-Safeway organization is seeking an experienced and driven Technical Project Manager to plan, organize, and drive our Infrastructure and Security Services.
This is a great opportunity to join the team during a year of complex and business critical change; including the technical integration of Albertsons, the transition of business applications to the Cloud, and driving the transformation through deployments of new processes and technologies.
The ideal candidate will have experience implementing similar programs for a large and complex enterprise.
Successful candidates will understand the core Infrastructure Services processes, have a solid track record executing complex enterprise initiatives using Agile methodology, and have a proven track record of success aligning with waterfall and traditional PMO methodologies.
The Infrastructure Services Delivery team is a trusted IT support group setting the technology and services foundation for all other IT team across the organization. The Project Manager role plans, manages and tracks the required work and budget for the execution of projects to support IT initiatives. The Project Manager will also work closely with the Directors of Infrastructure Services organization, while aligning practices with the IT Director of Infrastructure Delivery Organization.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Responsible for planning and execution of strategic IT Infrastructure projects.
* Assume accountability for the development and delivery of Technical Project Management needed to support projects with different service towers within Infrastructure organization.
* Work closely with a cross-functional IT and business team responsible for overall solution, high level project sizing and oversight for technical execution
* Foster a strong work environment that rewards individual and team efforts; encourages creativity while maintaining high caliber productivity and quality.
* Ability to handle multiple projects at any given time
* Ability to do project planning, budget estimation and management, resource planning and assessment, financial planning and risk assessment.
* Adept at organizing, planning, and delivering solutions in Agile methodology, while aligning to traditional PM practices.
* Alignment to existing Project Management best practices, including the proficient use of industry standard tools, technologies, and methodologies.
* Well-organized, detail oriented, has great communication skills and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
* Performs the role as the owner of the financial position of all managed projects.
* Ensuring that applicable regulatory directives are complied with e.g. Sarbanes-Oxley, current privacy legislation.
* Flexibility and ability to work collaboratively within a matrix, 'virtual' environment.
* Demonstrated ability to work with external vendors.
* Requires approximately 10% travel depending upon project specifics and business locations.
* 4 year degree (Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration or relational functional field) and/or equivalent combination of education or work experience.
* 5 to 8 years' experience in the role of Technical Project Manager with experience and understanding of enterprise infrastructure capabilities.
* Information Technology experience to include one or more of the following: Enterprise Cloud Services (Private, Hybrid and Public) Infrastructure, Application Development, Application Delivery, Enterprise Systems Management, Datacenter, Network and/or Systems Integration.
* Working knowledge in Project planning particularly with Microsoft Project software and PMO governance systems.
* Agile certification highly desired.
* Scaled Agile Framework certification highly preferred.
* PMP Certification or experience would be helpful.
* Must possess superior problem-solving skills, be action-oriented and decisive.
* Excellent organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure to balance competing priorities in meeting business deadlines.
* Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communications skills.
* Ability to effectively articulate and present complex concepts, ideas and strategies to senior leadership and end-users.
* Creativity, drive, high energy level, initiative and the ability to self-manage.
* Previous experience with medium to large projects in Enterprise Infrastructure will be considered an asset.
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting careersatsafeway.com
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.